Fryday on Thursday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,297
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
So I started the day with the traditional Thursday hangover so all was as expected. but I've just been to the cafe for a fry up so now I'm all at sea. It was a particularly good one though, especially as it was free. I used the full up loyalty card as the owner was there, always good to see him grimace as you order a free lunch.
Otherwise not much else to report, it's lovely and sunny here and I had a pleasant ride to work so all is well with the world. I wound up the old codger in the office as he was being annoying, it always helps to pass the time of day.
Hope the rest of you are all having fun.
Onwards and upwards...

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    chasing a large debt......thinking I should up have sold two years ago and bought a little place in Tuscany.

Nope, stuck here thinking WTF

Maybe I'll construct a doll and start sticking pins in the genitals.........
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,006
    I've been browsing various car sale sites today in the hope of finding a £20k truck for £15k but its not looking good.

On the up side I managed to strip out both front and rear hubs last night and our friendly bearing suppliers had exactly what I wanted on the shelf. I doubt I'll rebuild them tonight as it's "ferry the kids to football" night so might get round to it tomorrow in readiness for saturdays ride.

Other than that I'm sat inside whilst I should be outside shaping my tan lines.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Football? It's June, they should be doing nothing as it's the off season or at least wielding a bit of willow in front of some stumps...this is England!

Finally caved into today and made an appointment at a private dentist, given up trying to find an NHS one taking new patients on. Could be time to set up an ebay account and start flogging unused bike bits to raise some funds :roll:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,006
    Thursday night training session unfortunately. He will however be wielding a piece of carbon fibre tube across a pond tomorrow evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Normal trash at work so went for huge walk, pint and fish supper with The Hound. Stumbled upon an empty building in the most stupidly fantastic gorgeous part of the world that would make a perfect A/T centre for me and TDLO. Hmmmmmmmmm - decisions, decisions.................
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Been out to make up for a boring day at work, ended up in some diner that serves up stupidly calorific food and am now feeling a bit fat. Pedalling tomorrow is a must.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Plus side today was my first commute in months, which ended up with a couple of pints of peroni :)

Down side was I cycled in before the sun warmed the earth and left after it finished - luckily this has hardly (ish) been mentioned by the wife
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I was glad Thursday was over, I even got home in the warm sun to get lycra clad for the sun to go into hiding.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    truck

Is this code?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!