Recommendations for racing jersey

daddy0
daddy0 Posts: 686
edited June 2015 in Road buying advice
I've just started racing, but my jerseys are all a bit baggy. Hence I'm looking for a nice tight jersey. I would buy a club one, but they are very slack at getting orders done. So in the meantime can you suggest a decent jersey that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I tried a DHB Trick, but the arms were very flappy. My DHB Prudential 2015 jersey fits great, but I'd rather wear something less lame when racing.

Cheers!

Comments

• rudivoller22
    rudivoller22 Posts: 492
    Castelli aero race jersey
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Rapha Pro Team
    Giordana FRC
    Assos Equipe
    Castelli aero race
    Sportful body fit pro
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Have a look at Galibier.cc 's aero jersey is top notch, think it's £40/45. Mailed straight to yoour door for free, can't beat it ;)
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Similar thread last week recommended the dhb Goldline Short Sleeve Jersey
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    Similar thread last week recommended the dhb Goldline Short Sleeve Jersey

It's really good.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    If you're already familiar with DHB's sizing then as above try the Goldline, or the slightly cheaper ASV is supposed to be decent too...

The ASV shorts got a very good write up on road.cc if you want the matching set.
  • daddy0
    Cheers chaps.

I did have some team kit made by Galibier, only the jersey was too baggy and the shorts had their last ride today - a rather pretty lady motorist informed me she could see my butt crack on the way home tonight, if only I was single/had no morals... They lasted barely (excuse the pun) a year...

I do like the look of the DHB gear, and I am still using a pair of DHB bibshorts I bought 3 years ago. Need new shorts too, so may well go down the ASV route.
  • daddy0
    If you're already familiar with DHB's sizing then as above try the Goldline, or the slightly cheaper ASV is supposed to be decent too...

The ASV shorts got a very good write up on road.cc if you want the matching set.

Cheers for this advice. I did go for the ASV in the end, the Goldline jersey was out of stock in black so I took it as a sign to save a couple of quid. Not ridden in the kit yet, but tried it on and it is very nice, much nicer than I am used to. Got a 10 mile TT tomorrow evening, will be first go with the ASV and I can't wait :-)

Only down side to this is that the day after I ordered Wiggle sent me an e-mail telling me they'd increased the discount on DHB kit for platinum members. I toyed with the idea of sending this back and reordering just because :evil:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Daddy0 wrote:

Cheers for this advice. I did go for the ASV in the end, the Goldline jersey was out of stock in black so I took it as a sign to save a couple of quid. Not ridden in the kit yet, but tried it on and it is very nice, much nicer than I am used to. Got a 10 mile TT tomorrow evening, will be first go with the ASV and I can't wait :-)

Only down side to this is that the day after I ordered Wiggle sent me an e-mail telling me they'd increased the discount on DHB kit for platinum members. I toyed with the idea of sending this back and reordering just because :evil:

Might be worth emailing them and asking for the discount?

Reminds me that I need to order some before the discount runs out tomorrow! Can't decide on the colour...
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Giordana FRC
    agreed
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2