60minutes to save your life

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited June 2015 in The cake stop
Anybody watch it?

It reduced me to tears watching the brilliant work the paramedic/doctor done at the roadside to try and save the life of the cyclist crushed by a HGV. They managed to get her to hospital still alive,having performed open heart surgery at the scene. She underwent surgery but alas to no avail after three days on the intensive care unit she passed away.

I had a friend who died in similar circumstances four years ago, tragic.

It also made me very,very proud of our NHS the dedication and skill, remarkable.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    I watched the programme. It is impressive what the emergency services did to try and save the cyclist.
  • Watched until the point she wasput in the ambulance - was emotional and in awe of the medical/police team. Sad that she didn't pull through :cry:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    What channel and what was the exact title?

Ta
  • It was on bbc2 at 9pm on Tuesday evening .
  • It was called " an hour to save your life"
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Thanks Lee
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    It was very sad. Felt very sorry for all but particularly the doctor who opened her chest up and got her heart started at the roadside. Wonder what happened to the lorry driver who wiped her out by turning left in front of her.?
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    He's been charged with causing death by careless driving. Case doesn't seem to have been finalised yet.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/tw ... 78196.html
  • Rod11
    Rod11 Posts: 293
    Here's the link to it on iPlayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -and-death
  • Over the years I have thought that 24hrs inAandE. was the benchmark but no longer!
    This was superb and testament to all the long suffering NHS staff who rise above the
    Beauracrats to provide a world beating 24/7 service.
    It has been said that the emergency services are the best in the world and there is little doubt of that
    after watching this programme.
    I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2
  • Having watched last weeks not as gripping nor emotinal as the previous but still enthralling.
    Back to some empathatic scenes on Tuesday with,yet another,cyclist knocked down in
    the Capital.
    i will certainly be watching
    I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Having watched last weeks not as gripping nor emotinal as the previous but still enthralling.
    Back to some empathatic scenes on Tuesday with,yet another,cyclist knocked down in
    the Capital.
    i will certainly be watching
    Same here, another cyclist fighting for their life, it's frightening in some respects.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Tend to avoid most telly, especially when its London cyclist being squished but the techniques being used and the expertise in the teams is astonishing. Medical treatment has come on some way since I last watched 999!