Calibre Two.Two or Point 0.5

jamski
jamski Posts: 737
edited June 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, first post here so be gentle.

Looking at getting into bikes again, used to be massively into it when I was younger and looking for a new bike. Can't spend too much, but my neighbour is a manager for Go Outdoors, and can apparently get a 'massive' discount (exact amount tbc but it's sounding good).

So wondering if anyone can give advise on the two Calibre models, would going for the Point 0.5 be worth the extra? They both seem great for the price from the reviews, and given they will probably be considerably cheaper than anything else around I'm more than happy to just choose between these two.

I'm going to pop to a store tomorrow to have a little ride, check they feel right too.

If anyone needs a link:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cycling/bik ... es/calibre

Thanks in advance,

James.
Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two

Comments

• Rookie1986
    Rookie1986 Posts: 153
    This was my original choice of bike when I started looking a few weeks back, unfortunately I'm rather short 5'5" and they only seem to make them in larger sizes. If you're already willing to buy the Point 0.5 and then you're also able to get a huge discount then you won't be able to get anything else at that spec for the money so I'd say go for it :)

All the reviews I've seen seem to be very favourable towards both bikes, so even if you go for the Two.Two you should still enjoy it :)
  • jamski
    Thanks. I'm 5'11" so the 18" should do me fine. Found on another forum someone got the Two.Two for £270 with staff discount, so we'll see. I would go with that right now rather than spending more, I don't honestly think I'd get any more out of a 'better' bike right now. If I get back into it in a big way then there's always the option to change again, but I love the way the Two.Two looks as well. :)

Thanks.
  • jamski
    So, I can get the Calibre 2.2 for £281.

Think I'll go for it!
  • Rookie1986
    Rookie1986 Posts: 153
    Fantastic bike for the money, I doubt there would be much (if anything) near this spec for the amount of money, imo you've got a good deal with it so enjoy :)
  • jamski
    Rookie1986 wrote:
    Fantastic bike for the money, I doubt there would be much (if anything) near this spec for the amount of money, imo you've got a good deal with it so enjoy :)

Thanks, that's just what I want to hear. :)