max1234
max1234 Posts: 71
edited July 2015 in The cake stop
This is what the owner gets up to:

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.c ... ket_cafes/

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    and also avoid fat, grey haired blokes in leather jackets which are either too small or the owner forgot to stop eating.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    He seems a tad angry!!

Maybe it was because the cyclist caused the earphone of his i-pod to fall out of his ear......naughty cyclist!!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Knob
  • Someone that angry driving a vehicle like that is your worst nightmare when out on a bike.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I think he might regret that. :lol:

http://brew-cafe.com/our-story/

I noticed this as well,

http://brew-cafe.com/unchained-at-brew/

"We’ll fix up your bike while you enjoy a coffee,"

Doesn't mention the price for "Having your ******* teeth shoved down your ******* throat you ****", that must be on the specials board.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Surely threatening to kill someone is a criminal offence?
    just shows that however much money or success a person gains, if your scum, you stay scum.
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I think he might regret that. :lol:

http://brew-cafe.com/our-story/

I noticed this as well,

http://brew-cafe.com/unchained-at-brew/

"We’ll fix up your bike while you enjoy a coffee,"

Doesn't mention the price for "Having your ******* teeth shoved down your ******* throat you ****", that must be on the specials board.

Yes there's a blackboard offering that and "breaking your f*@cking neck" (if there's no witnesses) for £4.99 Mon-Fri. I can only surmise that this place was once a quiet little greasy spoon until it appeared on Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares or something
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Follow the Fb link on the brew cafe website to have a giggle at the comments and reviews. Da 'community' have been active.

Smile you're on camera, no such thing as bad publicity. Dearie me.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Met someone like that the other week. I politely pointed out the errors of his driving and after a brief tirade by him I politely wished him a good day. After getting in front of him at the lights I knew what was coming. He passed as close as he could as fast as he could then realised the traffic was queued ib front of him. Cue emergency stop/tyre smoke by him and he then gets out and tells me how my teeth are getting smashed in (they weren't). It's 5pm, I'm 55, in cleats and he's a 20 something raring to 'ave a go'! I let him have a rant and off he went, driving in an angry manner.
    I can see the cyclist pov but matching abuse for abuse doesn't work imo. You lose the moral high ground and it escalates into 2 blokes shouting as demonstrated in that video
    M.Rushton
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I'd better not post it but someone's found a picture on him naked standing on some scales which are rather more reflective than perhaps he realised and you can glimpse a "tiny" clue as to what might be the source of the problem
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • orraloon
    ddraver wrote:
    I'd better not post it but someone's found a picture on him naked standing on some scales which are rather more reflective than perhaps he realised and you can glimpse a "tiny" clue as to what might be the source of the problem
    Saw that :shock: Seems like the pr1ck posted that photo himself on Twitter. Oh dearie dearie me.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    he's going to learn that the world of the internet giveth and taketh away. he should get out there now with an apology to the cyclist, an invitation to the cyclist to have a free meal and free coffee for ALL cyclists visiting ANY of his establishments any Sunday in June
    M.Rushton
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    The website's a bit smug as well.

The facebook comments are awesome. That would be a big, fat "oops"

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,166
    "master butcher"... he's not a fucxing Jedi is he?

He's just a butcher, master of what?... it's not that you have to have a high degree or go through a series of of exams and coloured belts to cut some meat... some professions are a bit overrated in my view... :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    "master butcher"... he's not a fucxing Jedi is he?

He's just a butcher, master of what?... it's not that you have to have a high degree or go through a series of of exams and coloured belts to cut some meat... some professions are a bit overrated in my view... :roll:

Master Baiter I reckon
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • ugo.santalucia
    master of puppets
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    master of puppets

Sanitarium...
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    It's ok

He's apologised, and been fined a whopping £90.

So that's all ok.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ugo.santalucia
    Gweeds wrote:
    It's ok

So that's all ok.

that's fewer than 10 sirloin steaks in his stinky shop... :roll:
  • orraloon
    Gweeds wrote:
    A whopping fine? £90.
    Damage to his and his business' reputation? Priceless.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gweeds wrote:
    It's ok

So that's all ok.

has he been reading the Thomas Cook manual of how to apologise timely?
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    Wow, the backlash on the various Brew Facebook pages is quite something.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Wow, the backlash on the various Brew Facebook pages is quite something.
    Really couldn't see Jack on the phone.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • How are things going with this guy? Any notable boycotts of his cafes?
  • Kerguelen
    Kerguelen Posts: 248
    Met someone like that the other week. I politely pointed out the errors of his driving and after a brief tirade by him I politely wished him a good day. After getting in front of him at the lights I knew what was coming. He passed as close as he could as fast as he could then realised the traffic was queued ib front of him. Cue emergency stop/tyre smoke by him and he then gets out and tells me how my teeth are getting smashed in (they weren't). It's 5pm, I'm 55, in cleats and he's a 20 something raring to 'ave a go'! I let him have a rant and off he went, driving in an angry manner.
    I can see the cyclist pov but matching abuse for abuse doesn't work imo. You lose the moral high ground and it escalates into 2 blokes shouting as demonstrated in that video

So you provoked a confrontation, and then came here to tell us not to do that?

Clever.
  • Met someone like that the other week. I politely pointed out the errors of his driving and after a brief tirade by him I politely wished him a good day. After getting in front of him at the lights I knew what was coming. He passed as close as he could as fast as he could then realised the traffic was queued ib front of him. Cue emergency stop/tyre smoke by him and he then gets out and tells me how my teeth are getting smashed in (they weren't). It's 5pm, I'm 55, in cleats and he's a 20 something raring to 'ave a go'! I let him have a rant and off he went, driving in an angry manner.

So you provoked a confrontation, and then came here to tell us not to do that?

Clever.

Almost as clever as coming on here and doing the same with a fellow cyclist :roll: