redirection on iPad

cab3086
cab3086 Posts: 35
Hi guys,

when using true site from my iPad i get redirected to a game on iTunes, this happens when i search, click on and attempt to access any link from the site.

strange this does not happen from the Mac computer?

This is very annoying and only happens on Bike Radar website!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It is a known issue good to see I am not the only one with it.

I belive it is created by some poor adverts that are provided to the site.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cab3086
    cab3086 Posts: 35
    maybe the admin team could fix this as it the adverts on the site that is causing this to happen!

until this is fixed I will be viewing RCUK that cover the exact same articles but without the hassle and i can actually read the site without being redirected without my consent!!

sort it out admin!! or maybe they will just ignore this and delete this thread as normal.
  • Hello

Yes, its been raised with our Ads teams to remove them.

It also redirects me too, so I also feel the pain too

I know this sounds odd, but if it happens again - can you tell me what app it redirected you too so we can get it removed correctly.

Thanks
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    We are chasing hard on this and getting closer to resolving it.

We'll keep everyone posted.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    We are chasing hard on this and getting closer to resolving it.

We'll keep everyone posted.
    The ad network we're using hasn't been able to reproduce it so far, although they're continuing to look at it.

If it's still happening, could people post screen shots in here and if possible, the redirection url (before you hit the app store).
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Jeff Jones
    We've found what's causing the problem. Some ad networks are like noxious weeds.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports