Sidi or Spiuk?

PLuKE
PLuKE Posts: 181
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying some better shoes, my current ones are a pair of Scott which was cheap.

I have been looking at Sidi Kaos and the Spiuk ZS16RC

Both are in fluro green, but looking at people's thoughts on them.

It would seem the Spiuk are a lighter shoe, but don't seem to have replacement parts, which wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Looking at people's views in terms of comfort, style and durability.

Thanks
Luke
2013 Merida Ride 93 Carbon

Comments

• cadseen
    cadseen Posts: 170
    edited June 2015
    Personally I would go for the Sidi as they fit me better and they look good. Try them both on if you can at a local bike shop then you can buy them online cheaper if you so wish. I find i need a higher bridge support for me feet which Sidi seems to have. I just got a pair of these http://tidd.ly/5dc4bb2e in Black for training and they feel very comfortable.

I have just had to throw a pair of Sidi Genious 3 shoes which lasted fantastically long, first signs of wear was on the back of the heel.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Both are quite narrow/small fitting.
    The Spiuks are more lime green than fluro as far as I know.
    Can't beat Sidis for comfort though ;)
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    cadseen wrote:
    Try them both on if you can at a local bike shop then you can buy them online cheaper if you so wish.

:roll:
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Sorry, butvwhat a twat the OP is! Comfort - try a pair on YOUR feet. Style - up to you. Durability - years.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    cadseen wrote:
    Try them both on if you can at a local bike shop then you can buy them online cheaper if you so wish.

:roll:

If you try them on at the store buy them from the store.