Campag Centaur 10 speed upgrade to 11

aquickone
aquickone Posts: 148
edited May 2015 in Workshop
Hi all,
I am currently running a full Centaur Black/Red 10 speed groupset and am wondering what the compatibility is to run it 11 speed? I realise I have to get a new cassette, rear mech, chain and right hand shifter at least. Would it be OK to run the chainset in the setup and the front mech? I was going to run Athena for the "upgrade" bits would all of that play nicely together? any help much appreciated. Cheers.
Giant Anthem X1
Eddy Merckx EMX-1
Eddy Merckx AMX-1

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,166
    Is it worth to spend all that money for an extra sprocket?

Campag doesn't even do 32 T cassettes, so it's really just a waste of money... not to speak about the fact that 11 speed campag cassettes cost twice or three times as much as your 10 speed ones

I really struggle to find a positive in a sea of negatives... enlighten me... :shock:
    left the forum March 2023
  • aquickone
    aquickone Posts: 148
    To be honest I hadn't really looked that far into it. I just saw the shiny new Shimano 5800 11 speed on my girlfriends new Merckx and thought "I'd like some of that" and wondered what the options were. If it's a whole world of expense for not a lot of gain then like you say probably not worth it! Cheers for the advice.
    Giant Anthem X1
    Eddy Merckx EMX-1
    Eddy Merckx AMX-1
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    Nobody counts your cogs....., even the guys at your rear wheel have no interest, I still ride 9 and nobody ever commented on that.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I also run 9s, but with Campag 10s levers (Shimano 9s cassette, Campag f/r mech).