Agwa VS Marasa

Glenster0804
Glenster0804 Posts: 5
edited May 2015 in Commuting general
Hi All,

If you read my earlier posts than you are aware of my situation. If not then basically need a good and reliable bike to commute to work. Was tipped that the voodoo range were excellent value for money for low entry level.

But have found a new but unboxed voodoo agwa and marasa for the same price of £250 with extras of lights, pump, bottle holder and speedo computer included in the package. Whice model is the better of the two and what are the differences?

Also have the choice of an 18" or 20", which would be a better fit. I am 5ft 9 with an in seam leg of 30 inches.

Thanks for your help.

Glen H

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As far as I'm awara the Marasa replaced the Agwa and they are much of a muchness in terms of spec, I think the early Marasa had Shimano brakes while the Agwa and later Marasa had Tektro, if it has Shimano that would swing it for me.

18", the 20" will be too big, I am the same size as you, my Gryphon is a 19" and I've ridden an 18" Agwa which had the same length cockpit (by feel).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Agwa was 3x9, Marasa is 3x8. They were around at the same time for a while, can't remeber what else made it an upgrade - may have been slightly lighter