Slack 29er short travel

Bwilde
Bwilde Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in MTB buying advice
In the market for a slack 29er. Budget around 2k stretch to 2.5 or would consider less as can upgrade later. Loved the ride of the 2016 stumpy 29 but too much travel for most of my riding. Single track trail centre e.g. Cannock and natural exploration. Like the angles and idea of process 111 but pricey and heavy. Currently considering white t-129 or the Scott genius or possibly camber evo. Probs wait for 2016 bikes in next month or so but will consider 2015 as will soon be bargains to be had.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Process 111 is brilliant, fantastic ride. It is a touch heavier but you wouldn't know it when you're riding.
    The Transition Smuggler 2 would be my choice http://www.kustombikes.co.uk/bikes/tran ... _bike_2015
    There's also the Specialized Camber evo and the Banshee Phantom (not sure about price of the Banshee)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Mondraker crafty is worth checking out. Not exactly short travel like the smuggler (130mm) but it rides like a much shorter travel rig and pedals incredibly well. 29ers aren't my thing but I was seriously impressed with the Crafty, righty up there with the Yeti SB95, which is, or rather was, the best 29er I've ever ridden.