help please

d.j.fish
d.j.fish Posts: 9
edited May 2015 in Road beginners
does anyone know why my elbows hurt and is there anything to stop it or is it something your arms get use to and eventually sto[p? thanks for any info tidy

Comments

• ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    You're really giving us absolutely nothing to go on! Nothing whatsoever!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    as above

but assuming you do not otherwise have elbow troubles i'd guess you are leaning on the bars, which can indicate that the bike is not set up correctly for you and/or a lack of core strength and/or need to develop good riding technique/habits
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Maybe you need to ride with a bend in your arms to absorb the road shocks? And to do tnat you need better core strength.
  • Stem too short
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Origami02
    Origami02 Posts: 147
    Going purely on the limited info you've given, I'd say you're quite possibly gripping the bars too tightly. Either that, or there's a nasty draft coming under the cell door after lights out.
  • d.j.fish
    d.j.fish Posts: 9
    lol sorry that was a bit rubbish but as i feared it can be many factors after riding especialy the next day my elbows hurt when i straighten my arms almost like a bruised feeling i ride from swansea to barry on a carrera tdf ltd and that is probably the problem lol heavy road bike. if it is the bar height im stuffed for now as it cant be adjusted thanks for the replies and i will try to explain better in future lol cheers
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Emmmm, okay.
    Bye
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    sounds like tendonitis. Not sure how cycling would cause it.

Do some tricep dips/press up and bicep curls to see if the pain is the same. If so it could be tendonitis.