cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I wouldn't buy either of them.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    What's your budget and how much to those bikes cost?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • trupe
    trupe Posts: 10
    i m in portugal....my budget is very low..400€....i must go between this ones, otherwise i must pay at least 700/800€..
    they both cost 400€/283British pounds/438 dollars
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'd find a nice second hand bike.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • trupe
    second hand ones near me are too expensive...kids these days want to sell the bike as mutch as they bougth..

But between those..witch one is the best?..i think kross has beter frame, and the coluer has beter brakes and suspention...
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    They are very similar in specification, so if it must be one of those 2 bikes, buy the one you prefer the look and the spec of, so if your prefer Shimano brakes buy the coluer.
  • trupe
    to be honest i like the kross more because has a beter platform to upgrade later on...but the specs and the brand is better in the coluer..thats why i m strugling....
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    In that case you have answered your own question, buy the Koss and upgrade the parts you don't like when they wear out. or when you can afford to.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Choosing the best between them two is like choosing the best between a labrador turd and a German Shepherd turd. At the end of the day they're both just turds.
  • trupe
    RockmonkeySC , but i m not rich like you, i can only afford turds...
  • rockmonkeysc
    There are much better bikes for the money (from Decathlon, GO Outdoors and Halfords or used) and I'm very far from rich.
  • trupe
    remember prices are differente in every country becouse of the taxes....in decathlon here the only that is near my price doesnt have hydro brakesn is an 26, crap of an front Suspension...i wanted an weel 27.5 or 29...for this price here is dificcult...

I dont think this ones are bad...i want a bike to ride on weekends...i dont need nothing more
  • Lungs94
    Lungs94 Posts: 160
    Then buy it.. looks like you're trying to justify buying it rather than looking for advice (lots given)
    Bikes:
    2013 Mondraker Dune XR - XX1 XO1 Hope, Easton Carbon, Fox
    Voodoo Bizango XT - Hope, Pikes, Mavic
  • rockmonkeysc
    The fork on both bikes is about as bad as it gets. The XCM is really terrible.
  • trupe
    i m not doing a lot Off-roading..so it wont make a diference i think
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So get a bike with rigid forks which will be lighter and a nicer ride than an XCM.

If you must http://www.decathlon.pt/bicicleta-btt-r ... nformation much better than the above, not sure why you think a rubbish bike with 27.5/29 wheels is better than a good bike with 26!

For road use, this isn't bad http://www.decathlon.pt/bicicleta-estra ... 06479.html

Of the two I'd take the Kross, but really wouldn't want to buy either.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • trupe
    But dont u think the kross frame is better, and for future upgrades the kross would be better against the rockrider?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No I don't, the Rockrider frames are very good.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • trupe
    ...now i m between the kross and the rockrider....i really wanted a 27.5 or 29 weel because i ride one and i prefered the biguest weel wride...but you got some good points..do you really think there is a big difference betwin those 2( exept the fork)?