Giro D'Italia- Stage 15 ***Spoilers***

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited May 2015 in Pro race
Everybody seems a bit slow on the uptake, so I'll do it.

Stage 15: Marostica- Madonna Di Campiglio. 165km and a summit finish. The Giro returns to the scene of the crime for the first time since Pantani's spiritual de-pantsing.

Sporza live at 1250 UK time, your local provider may be different.

Profile:

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_152015.jpg

Map:

t15_madonnadc_plan_670.jpg

Horse:

Trentino_Alto_Adige_Cavalli_sul_Massiccio_dello_Sciliar.jpg
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    should be an interesting stage today, Aru must attack to take back some time.

What's the weather like today ?
  • disgruntledgoat
    sherer wrote:
    should be an interesting stage today, Aru must attack to take back some time.

What's the weather like today ?

Google says 22c, no wind and no chance of rain. Perfect racing conditions, Brian.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    And, since there's a tenuous Pantani link to today's proceedings, I'm just going to leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDyakMniSs

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited May 2015
    Same as ^
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    And, since there's a tenuous Pantani link to today's proceedings, I'm just going to leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDyakMniSs

that is fucking amazing :D. Has totally made my day :D:D
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • That would probably have won Eurovision last night
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • disgruntledgoat
    Group of 17 trying to cement an advantage, Sky, Astana, Lotto, Quick Step, BMC, Movistar all have men in it.

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    Group of 17 trying to cement an advantage, Sky, Astana, Lotto, Quick Step, BMC, Movistar all have men in it.

Strangely, TinkySaxo not having that and we're all back together. 40km gone.

@gietvangent
  • The_Boy
    So yeah, autobus forming no break sticking yet. This is totally the first time I said this :hmm:
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • disgruntledgoat
    48kph for the first hour!

2 man break of Visconti and Zakarin currently trying to build their advantage.

Lobato had a problem with his chain and was helped on his way by a Bardini rider too... I don;t think the 2 minute penalty will worry him overly

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Porte dropped 4:20 yesterday. No need to ask what he was smoking.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • The_Boy
    Three up front. Chaisng group @18s. Gap to peloton @46s and going out. Think this might stick.
  • The_Boy
    Chaves, My man Fatty, Pelizotti, Nieve and Zardini in the second group. Think Zakarin + 1 movistar + a n other up front.

edit: visconti and Intxausti
  • Macaloon
    95smc4.png
  • disgruntledgoat
    Zakarin already refusing to come through

@gietvangent
  • The_Boy
    Paulinho trying to bridge on the descent when he had gravity onhis side. Think he might struggle now the road is going up...
  • The_Boy
    Tell a lie. Road was still going downhill. Paulinho bridges. Four riders including Siutsou, Dupont, Roas and Montaguti about 20s back.
  • Macaloon
    The Rai feed with direct from motos is fab http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raiSport/dirette/ContentItem-0e710b5d-5ca7-4504-b7e0-ea4979e8b33b.html. Just seen a break rider signaling that Paulinho should get back to the peloton where he belongs.
  • The_Boy
    Front group of four, second group of four and two others now all together at the front. Around 1m on peloton.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ^like that moto link.

Thank goodness it has stopped raining.

Strong break.

Shame the last climb is not a stinger. Hard to make a difference on these sorts of climbs as a proper climber. Just keep a high pace and burn people off more like.
    finish-15.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Paulinho has not done a stroke of work. AG2R quite exercised about it, keep dropping back to punch his ticket. Moto 1.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Macaloon wrote:
    Paulinho has not done a stroke of work. AG2R quite exercised about it, keep dropping back to punch his ticket. Moto 1.

I can't get the moto link to show anything.

The Astana rider is also doing nowt. It seems an odd tactic as both teams are all over the front of the race still, unless they're just there for later but Contador and Aru don't strike me as needing help pacing up an Alpe D'Huez type tempo climb.

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Coverage drops now and again. Try some of the other motos. But moto 1 is the best. Zakarin was just spoon-fed his musette from the car. Montaguti is going to lamp Paulinho.
  • The_Boy
    Macaloon wrote:

I can't get the moto link to show anything.

The Astana rider is also doing nowt. It seems an odd tactic as both teams are all over the front of the race still, unless they're just there for later but Contador and Aru don't strike me as needing help pacing up an Alpe D'Huez type tempo climb.

Unless it's for the descent from Doane and the valley to final climb
  • frenchfighter
    Visconti and Siutsou have attacked the break. Visconti is +6 and change from Contador.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Dupont and Brookwalter latch along.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    By the looks of things if Zakarin wants to get that back, he'll have to do it himself. Zero interest from basque-man, Paulinho or Tiralongo, for obvious reasons.

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Joined by Brookwalter and Dupont. Meanwhile, away from the motos, Montaguti has attacked Paulinho, probably with a tragic spanner.
  • Macaloon
    Nice canyon.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    There's a Lidl and a shop that sells absolutely anything coming up on the right soon so if anyone in the peloton needs something it would be a good place to stop off before the 'git climb' starts soon after.
    Correlation is not causation.