Any reason for the Quintanas to be in England?

phreak
phreak Posts: 2,892
edited May 2015 in Pro race
Was out for a ride this morning around the Toys Hill area and could have sworn I saw Quintana (not sure whether Nairo or his younger brother). They were with a bunch of other people, who I didn't recognise but didn't get a good look, all in either Movistar or Cafe Colombia kit. Managed to latch on as they went up a nearby climb and it was like being paced by a motorbike.

Might not have been them of course, I'm not sure why they'd be in England.

Comments

• Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Well it wasn't Dayer, because he's doing the Giro.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Haha! That would have been cool. I believe there is some Colombian cycling 'group' that rides out from Crystal Palace in that direction but don't know too much about them.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    Haha! That would have been cool. I believe there is some Colombian cycling 'group' that rides out from Crystal Palace in that direction but don't know too much about them.

That's probably a more rational explanation to be fair :lol:
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    It is possible that he was over here for some tunnel testing to improve his TTing, certainly Dowsett spent a fair amount of time working with Simon Smart in preparation for his hour attempt, so I guess Movistar would send their GC riders over as well. And if he knows some of the Columbian group I guess he would have hooked up with them for a ride while in the country.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    JackPozzi wrote:
    It is possible that he was over here for some tunnel testing to improve his TTing, certainly Dowsett spent a fair amount of time working with Simon Smart in preparation for his hour attempt, so I guess Movistar would send their GC riders over as well. And if he knows some of the Columbian group I guess he would have hooked up with them for a ride while in the country.

Simon is a long way from Toys Hill
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    If he's over for the tunnel near Brackley and he's got some mates riding out from Crystal Palace it's not a huge distance to travel to meet up for a ride. No idea if that''s the case but it's not beyond the realms of possibilty
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    I was on Toys hill this morning and saw a guy in full movistar kit but put it down to a FPKW.
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    As I was riding south from E&C this morning, briefly shared the route with a very tanned, short chap in full Movistar kit (heading to Crystal Palace) and he peeled off. Don't think it was Quintana though........
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Why not ask the UCI what his current whereabouts form says he is?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach