edited May 2015 in Your road bikes
DSC_0004_zpsq2tq4qob.jpg
DSC_0003_zpsu9kmufef.jpg
DSC_0002_zpsod5aruhc.jpg

Bianchi Intenso Veloce
Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
Deda Superleggero seatpost
Vittoria Pave CG Open tyres

Everything else is stock but will be upgraded to Campagnolo Athena. Opinions on whether that should be the silver or black version welcome.

Obviously ignore the sig saying Zondas lol
Bianchi Intenso Athena
Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars

Comments

• oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Nice and I'd go for black.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Nice bike. Just for a minute I thought you'd been round my house taking a photo of mine!! Very similar picture.
    2014-08-15141655.jpg
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    That is certainly a lovely shed.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    Black. Silver looks great on retro.

I'm planning to take delivery on a Sempre Pro Veloce and will be swapping out for Athena from my via nirone 7. Should be fun with all that internal cabling.

nice bike.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    another vote for black, like the Superleggero seatpost, looks really good on the Intenso
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    Looking at an Intenso yesterday, going for a test tide later in the week when it stops snowing. How do you find your comfort, climbing, etc.
  • TheHound
    Plodder73 wrote:
    Looking at an Intenso yesterday, going for a test tide later in the week when it stops snowing. How do you find your comfort, climbing, etc.

Coming from a caad8, it feels entirely different. It's incredibly smooth across rough roads, though that could be down to the 27c paves.

It feels a lot more nimble and agile on the limited descending with kinks I've done so far.

The wheels are a touch heavy and with the big tyres the climbing is comfortable but not quick. I suspect in spring/summer with lighter wheels and tyres (and more regular riding on my part), it'll eat the hills happily.

The bartape is a bit firm, but as I've had thick winter gloves on it isn't a problem yet.

If you're going veloce, then it feels completely different from 105. The hoods are a nice shape and front derailleur is much lighter to push. Downshifting is awkward from the hoods but easy from the drops even with my girly small hands. But shifting all round is lovely and even sounds nice somehow.

And of course, I think it looks amazing, it makes me twitch in my pants and smile whenever I see it.

Hope that helps.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    Thanks for the reply the one I'm looking at is a matt black, dura ace mix, it's bloody beautiful if a bit pricey. I did notice the bar tape was a bit rubbish so will get some gel tape on there ASAP, in fact will get the bike shop to do it as part of the deal. It's really light as well, are there any weight figures available, do you know?
  • TheHound
    1200g for the 55cm I believe.

There is a review on here for a 57cm veloce where the weight was 8.36kg.

I imagine the dura ace version would be much lighter. The crankset alone on the veloce is 1kg.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    This looks lovely! The thumb shifter has been redesigned for 2015 on Veloce and Athena so you'll notice a difference there.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    lovely bike...
  • TheHound
    holiver wrote:
    This looks lovely! The thumb shifter has been redesigned for 2015 on Veloce and Athena so you'll notice a difference there.

I've read that. I got this for £1300 as it's the 2014 version. I don't think the new fancy thumb shifter was worth paying an extra 400 squids for 2015.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    Good deal. 2014 Sempre Pro now in my possession for £1575. Will post pictures soon, with it's bog standard kit.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • a.palmer
    a.palmer Posts: 504
    This is such a lovely looking bike, I was very close to getting the 105 Intenso before I was swayed by a good deal on a Tarmac. Still think I prefer the aesthetics of the Bianchi though!
  • TheHound
    Thanks

It is very pretty. I was going to get the Canyon Endurace, but decided it looked a bit dull.

I'll try and get some better pics sorted of the swoopy sculpted stays. Looks lovely but makes applying chainstay guards a nightmare.

I always sucked at arts and crafts in school.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
  • TheHound
    DSC_0011_zpseczallwo.jpg

Now with full Campagnolo Athena
    Handbuilt wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk, Ryde Pulse Sprint rim, D-Light spokes 24/28h, DCR hubs, with Vittoria Open Corsa SC 25c tyres
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    that is one lovely looking bike, and Athena too - stick with the white tape and saddle, but IMO i'd lose the tan tyres. but very nice, and so good to see pride in these machines which are not the Trek/Specialized/Giant mass market stuff
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2