Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt 750 2015

schmako
schmako Posts: 1,982
edited May 2015 in Your mountain bikes
After looking around for a while ended up going with the Rocky Mountain as a replacement to the ageing Club Roost. I'm really impressed after taking it out yesterday/today. I can't believe how fast it is on the up as well as the downs. Nice to have a bike that doesn't make loads of horrible creaking/squealing (well the Orange is fine, just not an xc bike). New bike but still managed to get a puncture today, my old friend thorn through the tube.

Spec:

Fork: Fox 32 Float 27.5 120 CTD. 120mm
Shock: Fox Float CTD
Drivetrain: SLX/XT and Raceface Turbine Crank 2x10
Brake: SLX
Wheel: Sun Wheeltech Inferno Rim and SLX Hub

Some pictures from today:

G0086297_zpshe5vwrae.jpg
G0106306_zps3hffai9u.jpg
G0156321_zpsdtmyhugc.jpg

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Jelly - those things look the bomb - I'd get the BC edition with the 130 fork personally.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    really want to have a go on one of these, they look great fun, a burlier fork and a dropper and that is ripe for hiding!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    lawman wrote:
    really want to have a go on one of these, they look great fun, a burlier fork and a dropper and that is ripe for hiding!
    Ditto! These things look great! Short travel and slack angles, recipe for fun!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Cheers for the kind words! May well invest in a dropper at some point, the fork on it is still way ahead of my old vanillas on both older bikes, but wont go doing any massive drops on them thats for sure. Still getting used to locking them out as neither of my other bikes had this!

Feels great on the ups as well as the downs, 2x10 gearing is decent with a good range of easy and hard gears.

Got the weekend off so will be blasting about on this for sure!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Nice tidy machine,

wouldn't worry about lock outs on the fork at all, never found it helped climbing ever, a firmer pedalling switch on the rear though is very helpful!

Like that muchy!
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    great bike there mate enjoy,
    what's the price difference over the lovely BC edition over there?

we don't have a RM dealer down here...
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut