Giro Stage 13 - Spoilers

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
edited May 2015 in Pro race
CFjZebmUMAEcvlY.jpg

LOL
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    reckon Kittel would struggle with that lump near the start.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Have they inadvertently swapped this profile with stage 2 of this year's Tour?

Ha ha ha funnily enough if you look up the 2nd stage profile of this year's Tour, you get this:

"Profile Utrecht / Zélande 166KM

There is no profile available"

Fair enough, a profile isn't necessary really.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • The_Boy

Ha ha ha funnily enough if you look up the 2nd stage profile of this year's Tour, you get this:

The mere mention of this stage has my mind conjuring images of hundreds of tiny echelons. I'm going to be disappointed, aren't I?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Last roundabout 500m from the line. If we get a large group sprint & wet conditions that could be tricky.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Looks like it's straight out of California. All we need are wide roads and endless plains.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited May 2015
    Waw, they can f'uck off with that stage. :D
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Guys, you can quote me on this. I think it's going to be a sprint finish.

You don't get this insight anywhere else.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I just noticed that two people were behind the greatest banner of all time. Revelatory bombshell right there.

2014-07-07203930_zps19b343de.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • The_Boy
    Crampeur wrote:

Race ripped apart in crosswinds it is, then.
  • above_the_cows
    The_Boy wrote:

The mere mention of this stage has my mind conjuring images of hundreds of tiny echelons. I'm going to be disappointed, aren't I?

Quite possibly yes. But hopefully not. Just pray there is not a light south westerly wind because then there will narry be an echelon in sight.
    Crampeur wrote:

No MY MAN is going to go solo with 75k yet to go and win by 10 minutes just you wait and see.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    On paper looks like a candidate for the Most Boring Stage of a GT Ever.

Here's hoping for some surprises. Anything really.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,510
    There's considerable confidence in the sprint finish, but does Lotto-Soudal have the strength to control the race? I can't see any other team helping and given the success of recent breakaways it might get some strong riders.
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    TheBigBean wrote:
    There's considerable confidence in the sprint finish, but does Lotto-Soudal have the strength to control the race? I can't see any other team helping and given the success of recent breakaways it might get some strong riders.

I don't think Lotto-Soudal have a choice, this is their last good chance of a stage win and getting anything more from this Giro. As it is only 147km in length this will be over in just over 3 hours. I can see this being a very fast stage today
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Surely we cant have a day with no controversy.

Contador penalised 2 mins for still wearing those black shoes?
  • TheBigBean
    I hadn't noticed the length. Boo.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    So what if it is a flat stage. May be nice to see a full on legitimate sprint. Best the guys are able to rest up a bit for tomorrow as well. It would probably be more interesting then a middle mountain stage in the Tour in any case.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    PTP giving it the finger.

107p47l.png
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Contador penalised for wearing a black jacket.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Personally I don't find watching a sprint as boring as some other people seem to find it, although the class of sprinting on show in the Giro isn't great. What makes a good GT is having a bit in there for every type of rider.

I find it tedious when Grand Tours lazily follow a formula of 3 sprint stages, transition stage, mountain stages, 3 sprint stages etc.

At least with the Giro there are seldom two stages the same.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    The haircut has happened

oTnmiwT.jpg
  • above_the_cows
    I was just about to come here and post that the most exciting thing that is likely to happen in this stage has happened:

Flecha has cut his hair! :cry:

My twitter pleadings didn't save the hair. :cry::cry::cry:
  • joelsim
    TheBigBean wrote:

Surely Trek, Lampre and Giant will want to help too
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Milton50 wrote:
    Personally I don't find watching a sprint as boring as some other people seem to find it, .

It's not the sprint people dislike.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    ThomThom wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:
    Personally I don't find watching a sprint as boring as some other people seem to find it, .

It's not the sprint people dislike.

Yeh, I get that but what happens during a flat stage isn't that different from what happens for most of the time during an intermediate stage.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Mechanism wrote:
    The haircut has happened

oTnmiwT.jpg

He dropped a bit of a clanger today. He reckons Contador has won two Giri and is on his way to a third. I suppose he is Spanish but it is a poor error. Come on, Juan-Antonio, you are better than that. :lol:

DD.
  • joelsim
    Mechanism wrote:
    The haircut has happened

oTnmiwT.jpg

He dropped a bit of a clanger today. He reckons Contador has won two Giri and is on his way to a third. I suppose he is Spanish but it is a poor error. Come on, Juan-Antonio, you are better than that. :lol:

DD.

He was briefed by ff
  • TheBigBean
    The breakaway seems to have got stuck at a level crossing and not been given the same lead after the train had gone through.
  • TheBigBean
    edited May 2015

DD.

Who did win in 2011? Maybe Nibali won with ease from John Gadret. Doesn't sound like the Giro I watched.
  • above_the_cows
    Bernie should have hoovered up those points for himself.
  • above_the_cows
    So Paolini is not only hanging around the back like a meerkat as usual but is all in black. What's the penalty for that then?