Fort Bill World Cup - Experiences?

tom_fun
tom_fun Posts: 124
edited May 2015 in MTB general
I'm going up to the World Cup and I'm quite excited! Just wondered who had been before and what peoples experiences were?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Camping can be cold. Check the gate policy as you might not be able to get out/in when you want havering a paddock veichle pass rocks.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Midges. Just midges, I remember nothing but midges.

Did I mention the f##king midges?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Good times...

lots of neeps tatties and haggis!, fun watching the race and avoid standing water or you get eaten! save your purchasing till just after the race Sunday and bag a bargain or two! win!

Also be sad pom pom will not be racing so the fittest looking DH girl will not be racing.. sad times
  • tom_fun
    tom_fun Posts: 124
    That's a good tip, didn't think about that. What sort of stuff is up for grabs?
  • Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    I'm also going and really looking forward to it. I'm currently gathering some old parts to create some sort of noise maker.

I've been warned aboiut the midges and apparently "Avon skin so soft spray on" works well as a repellent
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    This'll be my fourth year, nothing but good things to say. I don't remember having any problems with midges, skin so soft and a net if you're a wimp, all fine. I think living in the highlands I've developed a tolerance though! Staying in town then shuttle bus is the best bet if you don't have you're bike I'd say. Remember it can be lovely and sunny at the finish area and freezing up top. Worth taking some warm clothes if you walk down during quailes.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • jackk1992
    jackk1992 Posts: 141
    This is also my first year going to watch it. Just wondering if you guys have any tips on what to take with you in your backpack? :)
    2013 Mondraker Foxy XR MS Mountain Bike
    Giant TCR-1 Custom Road Bike
    2013 Merida Big Nine TFS 500
    2015 Merida Ride 4000

"Because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion"
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    tom_fun wrote:
    That's a good tip, didn't think about that. What sort of stuff is up for grabs?

Loads of t shirts and stuff go cheap at the end, occasionally a few bike bits gets cleared in the bargain bin, but its a random as hell shuffle.

Best bit of advice I can give anyone travelling is don't take your bike.. so many thefts around the event. it's just a big draw for cyclists and therefor bike thieves, unless you staying somewhere with a very secure lock up.