First proper outing on bike and caught in hail

slayerkm
slayerkm Posts: 14
edited May 2015 in Road beginners
Hey guys,

I'm very new to cycling i mean i got a bike 4 days ago and furthest i've rode on the bike is like 2 miles before this ride.

I went out after fitting new brakes pumping my tire to the correct psi as it was very out :shock: :shock:

I giot caught in the worst hale / rain ever and i was away from home in a country lane so had no choice but the plow through

and to my surprise i bloody loved it!!!!!

Watch the vlog if you fancy a look, (i daily vlog so the start of the video might bore you so u can skip to the ride lmaoo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWs1-hrZ7PM

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Great news! It's funny how the elements can make a put a wry smile on your face.

Glad you enjoyed it, keep it up!
  • slayerkm

Yea it was amazing :)

Getting into the Riding now though as I went for another ride yesterday a nice 5 miler :)

im easing into it as never biked at all before haha

planning a 10 mile route for tomorrow though so should be fun, and the Gopro will go with me
  • Ibanezguy7
    Ibanezguy7 Posts: 17
    Ah!! The joys of summer cycling in the UK. Lots of hail, sleet and wind where I live
    in the last few weeks, you'd think it would have picked up by now. It's more like
    February than May.

Your vid was a good watch. Your Lhasa Apso (??) at 14 mins in the vid is the spitting
    image of our dog!! Really looked identical in that few seconds he was on the screen.

BTW....buy a helmet asap.....seriously. :wink:
  • slayerkm
    Yea he's a lhasa cross with poodle :)

Yea the helmet is defiantly a must buy, i just re wrapped my handle bars and got a new saddle today and its feeling awesome, went further afield today done a 16km ride.
  • Ibanezguy7
    Ibanezguy7 Posts: 17
    slayerkm wrote:
    Yea he's a lhasa cross with poodle :)

Yea the helmet is defiantly a must buy, i just re wrapped my handle bars and got a new saddle today and its feeling awesome, went further afield today done a 16km ride.

Good stuff. You'll build up to longer distances pretty quickly.
    It's easier in better weather, let's hope it's not too far away.
  • slayerkm
    Yea i already after a week doubled my distance :):)
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Marvellous!

There is something about riding through the rain that gets me also ....
    Keep going matey (with the helmet) ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!