Kids knee/elbow pads

Stevie-eff
Stevie-eff Posts: 36
edited April 2016 in Family & kids cycling forum
My boy wants some new pads. He is 6 years old and has arms and legs like pipe cleaners

He won't wear the kids themed character ones (quite rightly), he wants some like dad wears

We want some soft shell ones. I've seen the Bliss ARG kids pads but they are £70 a pair!!!! The 661 youth pads look a tad too big.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• macbikes
    macbikes Posts: 58
    The fox peewee ones are good
  • macbikes
    Just noticed the soft shell bit. The knee fox peewee knee are hard, but the elbows are soft.
  • macbikes
    Just noticed the soft shell bit. The knee fox peewee knee are hard, but the elbows are soft.
  • I just checked the prices on ebay. If you type in "soft shell knee pads" you find some good offers from 12 quids on.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    the medium bliss minimist elbow pads fit my skinny 10 year olds knees. maybe try the small or xs versions. order from CRC and return for free if they are too small
  • JimReyes
    JimReyes Posts: 6
    For my 10 year old I had it from Amazon.
  • Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    JimReyes wrote:
    For my 10 year old I had it from Amazon.
    It might be just because I'm on the iPad but that link just seems to take me to Amazon not to any specific pads?

Amazon is about the last place to buy unless you know what you want exactly which is the OPs question (and mine)

POAH has previously posted some good options but these seem to be currently unavailable though the elbow pads for knees seems the best option so far.

Personal recommendations are the king here .... There is no point buying pads that are uncomfortable and one way or another ruin the ride. Equally no one wants a kid to grow up unable to walk properly ... BMX pads seem to be designed for good protection but for very short periods
  • Security should be a need in all game exercises. With regards to security, we should pay attention to it on the grounds that any slip-up may prompt a tremendous issue. While using skateboard you ma fell on the ground and your knees were harmed severely. At that point, if you are also riding the skateboard and you want to secure the knees then click here. We provide different types of kneepads that you can use for the protection of your knees.