It flies!!!!

debeli
debeli Posts: 583
edited May 2015 in The cake stop
This is the month when gardening is peppered with sightings of deceased young birds on the ground.... fliers who didn't quite fly or naked chicks who fell from the nest or were thrown out.

For a week or so now, the guttering on the garage opposite our kitchen window has been alive with the hungry chirrups of a sparrow chick who would teeter along the gutter but wouldn't thrown himself/herself from it. He'she was bigger than Mum and Dad, with that juvenile plumage that looks so fluffy.

This morning (mirabile dictu) he/she flew. Excellent coffee, straight off the hob, nice crunchy toast, good butter and set honey and an insane young sparrow showing off his/her new-found aerial skills.

Best morning for quite a while - and all before 7 o'clock.

I do like a happy ending.

Comments

• Did you shoot the fcuker?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Debeli wrote:
    This is the month when gardening is peppered with sightings of deceased young birds on the ground.... fliers who didn't quite fly or naked chicks who fell from the nest or were thrown out.

For a week or so now, the guttering on the garage opposite our kitchen window has been alive with the hungry chirrups of a sparrow chick who would teeter along the gutter but wouldn't thrown himself/herself from it. He'she was bigger than Mum and Dad, with that juvenile plumage that looks so fluffy.

This morning (mirabile dictu) he/she flew. Excellent coffee, straight off the hob, nice crunchy toast, good butter and set honey and an insane young sparrow showing off his/her new-found aerial skills.

Best morning for quite a while - and all before 7 o'clock.

I do like a happy ending.

Nice one, house sparrows are on the decline.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    I don't like your use of the word 'it'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    Ballysmate wrote:

I am not he; indeed neither of us is the other.

Further, I keep a domestic cat and he is a killer of things and a taker of lives and is red in tooth and claw.

This is his 'McDonalds Month' because Darwin and The Good Lord have conspired to provide him with a steady flow of fledglings unable to get back up off terra firma once they've crashed or landed.

So no, I am not Mikey. I keep a cat. I know what he does and I neither approve nor disapprove. Mikey sounds like a bit of a dreamer and an idealist. He probably thinks we all ought to be excellent to one another.

I like a happy ending, but if it were a recognised sport I could hate for England. Grrrrr....

Way too much love and happiness on this planet.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Where is Mikey, did a cat get him?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Where is Mikey, did a cat get him?

By an escaped 'brother' from the zoo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!