Damaged paint/frame on nearly new Rose

scopes15
scopes15 Posts: 84
edited May 2015 in Workshop
The top layer of paint on my few month old Rose has been cracked when in a friends cycle carrier and I not to sure how to repair or if repair at all.

It seems to be that the top layer of paint had cracked and there is a kind of bubble on the frame only a few cm long. The frame does not seem to be be damaged. My friend who put the bike on the carrier has offered to assist to pay for a repair but Im not sure about that as he was doing a favour driving to the ETAPE. Also not sure if it can be repaired without the full frame being resprayed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,641
    any pictures?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • scopes15
    Added pics but not sure that they show the marks very clearly.

20150511_180914.jpg

20150511_180852.jpg

20150511_180831.jpg
  • scopes15
    Also I would like to add that I am not an Arsenal fan - thats the girlfriends ex boyfriends old towel that I use to dry my bike!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,287
    Hard to say, but let's hope it's just the laquer... from the photo I would not bet money on that... :?
    left the forum March 2023
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Hard to say, but let's hope it's just the laquer... from the photo I would not bet money on that... :?

My thoughts too. How bloody hard was it clamped? Looks like the carbon's been flexed at least
  • scopes15
    I'm not sure how hard it was clamped - my mate put it on the carrier. Guess I'll take it to a bike shop to see what they say.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I'd blame the Arsenal Towel, they are known to crumble under pressure too!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    You could try tapping the length of the downtube with a coin and listen for a change in sound from the undamaged part of the tube. Doesn't look great to be honest. I know he's your mate but i think he owes you big time :shock:
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • scopes15
    Will give that a try thanks
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,899
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I'd blame the Arsenal Towel, they are known to crumble under pressure too!

:)