Calling all 456 owners, bar advice please

burglarboycie
burglarboycie Posts: 200
edited May 2015 in MTB general
Hi all
So I've just secured the purchase of an On One 456 (steel model) frame to build up. I plan on running a 5" fork and have a zero degree rise stem to go on it so would you recommend a flat bar or riser? I have my eye on a nice riser at 760mm wide with a 20mm rise but was wondering if a flat bar would be better.
Thanks in advance
James

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends where your hands end up. No one can say.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What works for one person might not for another. You will have to work it out for yourself.
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    I own a 456 evo 2, 20inch frame with a 150mm fork, run a riser bar, superstar 785mm 35mm rise, because lower back not flexy enough, also low rise bars gave me a lot of neck aches, you should try and see, it's a personal thing, even people of the same height use different cockpit configurations due to body parts proportions, weight and fisique,

a comfy configuration will make a long ride pleasant, but a bad bike fit may force you to give up cycling!!!
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut