Strava Flyby

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,943
edited May 2015 in The cake stop
What a wonderful thing it is.

You can now identify the miserable bugger who didn't even give as much as a look when they saw you on the opposite side of the road. :mrgreen:

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    *reads post and sods off without smiling or waving*
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    lay-by-at-top-of-old-mans-hill-with-jowell-riley-9-and-alvis-cars-1937.jpg

Non-Strava layby
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Has that chap's hat just been blown off?
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    When I first looked I thought it was pretty cool that I could look up anyone I had been anywhere near on my ride.

Then I got worried that anyone could be looking at my ride and working out where I live and whether there was a nice bike in the photo.

I could imagine someone cycling round a busy junction getting loads of info from oblivious riders....

I have since checked my privacy settings!
  • RideOnTime
    keef66 wrote:
    Has that chap's hat just been blown off?

terrible business, wind, I say, terrible business...
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    pipipi wrote:
    When I first looked I thought it was pretty cool that I could look up anyone I had been anywhere near on my ride.

Then I got worried that anyone could be looking at my ride and working out where I live and whether there was a nice bike in the photo.

I could imagine someone cycling round a busy junction getting loads of info from oblivious riders....

yes.

I was surprised to find that one chap I passed when he was out on a mountain bike was from the next avenue. I thought about sending him a message about either turning off his GPS or editing his rides because i also learned that he keeps said bike in the shed at the end of his garden. I thought the data was faulty at first, until I put on the satellite view and could see the shed. :shock:

The older I get, the better I was.

• RideOnTime
    Capt Slog wrote:
    pipipi wrote:

yes.

I was surprised to find that one chap I passed when he was out on a mountain bike was from the next avenue. I thought about sending him a message about either turning off his GPS or editing his rides because i also learned that he keeps said bike in the shed at the end of his garden. I thought the data was faulty at first, until I put on the satellite view and could see the shed. :shock:

what's his bike like, any good?