Fork recommendations?

munkster
munkster Posts: 819
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
So I have been using (and have been exceedingly happy with) some Easton EC90 SL forks for the last 2.5 years however I do have trouble fitting anything wider than 23mm tyres so am wondering what people would recommend to replace them with a view to accommodating 25mm tyres for example? They're pretty light (c.350g) so wouldn't want to take a hit on weight and even lighter would be a bonus.

Any recs? General road use, lanes, very occasional sportive, club rides etc etc. TIA!

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    the enve 2.0 road fork is excellent, spec. is up to 28mm, or if you want lighter there's the 1.0
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • munkster
    the enve 2.0 road fork is excellent

That's what I was secretly hoping someone wouldn't say (for the benefit of my bank balance) ;-) Looks very nice... Up to 28mm would defo work, cheers.
  • 70\ʹspenguin
    70\ʹspenguin Posts: 957
    There's a pair in classifieds going for £200
  • munkster
    There's a pair in classifieds going for £200

Good call thanks. The Eastons apparently have a 43mm rake but those Enves have 45mm rake. Would I notice the difference??
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Screw that, go Columbus Grammy. Lighter and cheaper than the ENVE's as well as being comfy and stiff. I had them on my WyndyMilla Massive Attack. http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOCOGCMN/columbus-grammy-monocoque-carbon-fork
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • munkster
    Wrong steerer size for me from what I can see. Mine is standard 1 1/8" as far as I know...

Thanks anyway, keep em coming!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    The 3t Rigida and Funda forks world fit the bill. You can get them in differing headset sizes too.
  • munkster
    Rigida looks to be the "wrong" rake for me but will check out those other two. Need to be sure they'll take a 25mm tyre otherwise it's a pointless exercise for me... Cheers both however.
  • g00se
    I've got Rigida, I can't recall the exact rake but it's fairly standard. They easily take 25 tyres on 22 wide rims. Wouldn't be surprised if they'll take 28s too.
  • munkster
    g00se wrote:
    I've got Rigida, I can't recall the exact rake but it's fairly standard.

3T website says rake is 46mm, cf mine which is 43mm (and what the frame spec says it should be). Would need to be convinced that that difference wouldn't alter the handling of a bike that is pretty much perfect for me as it stands. Well, apart from the tyre width ;-)
  • g00se
    munkster wrote:
    g00se wrote:
    I've got Rigida, I can't recall the exact rake but it's fairly standard.

3T website says rake is 46mm, cf mine which is 43mm (and what the frame spec says it should be). Would need to be convinced that that difference wouldn't alter the handling of a bike that is pretty much perfect for me as it stands. Well, apart from the tyre width ;-)

Fair point, that sort of change may make the bike a bit more 'direct' but it's hard to say without calculating the trail.