Why is E^ans Cycles selling returned goods as new ?

2»

Comments

• mister88
    mister88 Posts: 11
    JodyP wrote:
    Do you live in the UK? If yes you are talking utter b*llocks. You have 28 days to return any product in a saleable condition. Not 10 and only if its faulty. If withing 28 days its faulty, you are entitled to a replacement or refund. Beyond 28 days the shop can offer you a credit note for the value of goods but has no obligation to give you your money back.

You drove 90 miles as a round trip, wasted 3+ hours of your life and cost £10+ in fuel. Why did you not just order it online.

I don't live in the UK, just passing through. I prefer to inspect things before I purchase.
  • mister88
    njee20 wrote:

If you're a complete tool yes, you could,

Is a tool the same as a cheap skate ?
  • mister88
    Antm81 wrote:
    You still haven't explained why you can't spell Evans. Still stinks of competitor trying to slyly discredit their competition.

Whatever you say, Sherlock.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    mister88 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

If you're a complete tool yes, you could,

Is a tool the same as a cheap skate ?

No, it's more like a thief. The scenario you pose is illegal.
    Whatever you say, Sherlock.

Enlighten us then FFS, rather than throwing around pathetic insults and accusations - I'll notify Evans of this thread, as I think you're doing something nefarious. :roll:
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    A product which is sold as new and turns out to be used is not as described. Its covered by the sale of goods act. Products with defects also covered by the same. Faults detected within 6 months are deemed to be faulty unless the retailer can demonstrate otherwise. consumers have up to 6 years to bring claims under Sale of goods act (5 in Scotland). Retailer has no obligation to issue a refund or credit note if the goods are not in breach of the statutory terms of the sales of goods act. The right to cancel for internet/distance purchases was part of the The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, now replaced with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

Returns policies are specific to a shop's ts and cs.
  • mister88
    njee20 wrote:
    Enlighten us then FFS, rather than throwing around pathetic insults and accusations - I'll notify Evans of this thread, as I think you're doing something nefarious. :roll:

OK Sherlock, feel free to notify Evans and whilst you're at it, you might want to bring all the bad reviewers on Google to their attention too. I've provided links for 4 random branches but you'll find reviews for most other branches are equally unimpressive. There appear to be alot of people out there also working for the competitor trying to discredit Evans. It's terrible and needs to be investigated.

If Evans care to respond, they can leave me the link to their regional manager's profile to contact. Note I am not interested in speaking to any fobs.

https://www.google.com.hk/search?es_sm= ... bb97ba2a,1

https://www.google.com.hk/search?es_sm= ... c65dc92b,1

https://www.google.com.hk/search?es_sm= ... 79fc0a4e,1

https://www.google.com.hk/search?es_sm= ... f46a26e2,1
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Shame you can't be bothered to post links that actually achieve something.

Wow a company the size of Evans hasn't satisfied every single customer, scoop of the ..... Well millisecond really.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    mister88 wrote:
    Note I am not interested in speaking to any fobs.

This sums it up. You went to a shop and someone made a mistake (not the person you spoke to). You probably went a little to heavy on the "fobs" and didn't get the response you wanted. Now the world owes you an apology.

What do you hope to gain out of signing up to a forum and bad mouthing a company? Do their reputation a bit of damage, compensation or just massage your inflated ego.
  • njee20
    OK Sherlock, feel free to notify Evans and whilst you're at it, you might want to bring all the bad reviewers on Google to their attention too. I've provided links for 4 random branches but you'll find reviews for most other branches are equally unimpressive. There appear to be alot of people out there also working for the competitor trying to discredit Evans. It's terrible and needs to be investigated.

Well, no, because I didn't say "Evans should be notified because you're dissatisfied", it's the way you were refusing to type their name properly, and gave no reason for it, just got aggressive. I suspect this is exactly what you did in store too. May I suggest you return to your own country with their shit consumer rights, we don't need you over here!
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I've just ordered a £200 pair of Assos shorts from Evans, I have no truck with them. They actually had the best price and I get 8% discount on top, one happy customer.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    drlodge wrote:
    I've just ordered a £200 pair of Assos shorts from Evans, I have no truck with them. They actually had the best price and I get 8% discount on top, one happy customer.

Probably the pair I returned. Hope they removed the skidmarks.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Well I must admit to liking Evans, Kendal Branch has never offered anything but good to exceptional service to me. I've gone to the shop and looked around, gone away to decide then bought online. After receiving goods just before I needed them I spotted some of the fittings were not in the box and the warehouse had just thrown the fittings loose in the large box without and bags holding them. So I had to drop into the store and they sorted me out by breaking open a packet of the same or similar product and giving me the fittings that were missing. All in time to put the thing on my bike for the weekend away. Awesome!

Other times I have bought online (price match is so easy) then taken back to store. One time ordered pedals that were OE (the website said these were bought for bike builds and were in plain packaging so were cheaper by some way than normal). I got the as new versions in fully branded shimano packaging that were IIRC £10-20 more. One nice cock up, shame they were not the ones I wanted (mis-ordered them) but they still took them back despite nothing wrong with them just not the ones I wanted.

So I guess I am not like the OP in that I am one of the majority who get decent service from Evans Cycles. I am guessing as I do not know how many individual sales Evans cycles have a year and how many complaints that results in.
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    cooldad wrote:
    drlodge wrote:

Probably the pair I returned. Hope they removed the skidmarks.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    mister88 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

If Evans care to respond, they can leave me the link to their regional manager's profile to contact. Note I am not interested in speaking to any fobs.

https://www.google.com.hk/search?es_sm= ... bb97ba2a,1

https://www.google.com.hk/search?es_sm= ... c65dc92b,1

https://www.google.com.hk/search?es_sm= ... 79fc0a4e,1

https://www.google.com.hk/search?es_sm= ... f46a26e2,1

And you still didn't answer the question.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    There's some Cody level question avoidance going on here
  • shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    £200 for a pair of shorts ... Blimey, my most expensive pair was £40.
    Should have gone to Sports Direct :-)
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    shindig wrote:
    £200 for a pair of shorts ... Blimey, my most expensive pair was £40.
    Should have gone to Sports Direct :-)

Ah but they won't have the kuku penthouse :D :shock: :lol:
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • njee20
    Yes Assos lost me with the ballsack pouch Kuku Penthouse. The quality just isn't what it used to be. My old F.I.13 S2s went on for years, S5 and 7s were nowhere near as good. Still, you get to boast on forums that you're spending £200 on shorts...
  • Angus Young
    njee20 wrote:
    Yes Assos lost me with the ballsack pouch Kuku Penthouse. The quality just isn't what it used to be. My old F.I.13 S2s went on for years, S5 and 7s were nowhere near as good. Still, you get to boast on forums that you're spending £200 on shorts...

Bonkers when you can get a decent pair of Hummvees for forty quid.
  • njee20
    Not averse to expensive shorts at all, I think Endura are dreadful personally, I just think Assos have disappeared up their own arse too far and got all gimmicky. Gore Xenons are nice if you want a top end short.
  • Angus Young
    njee20 wrote:
    I think Endura are dreadful personally

What don't you like about them? Personally, other than styling preferences, I can't think of what more you'd want out of a pair of shorts - well made, tough, good fit, good liners, good price.
  • njee20
    I don't find their stuff well made or durable haha! The pads are really poor too IME. I must say I've not used their stuff for a while though, the Equipe stuff is probably ok. They used to do our team kit and it was crap.
  • Angus Young
    O.K. Although I'm not generally a fan of baggy shorts (at my age they make you look like a bit of a dick!) I've been very impressed with the Hummvees. Once the sun comes out I practically live on my bike so I'm going to get another pair to swap out. I've also got a pair Endura Full Monty gloves which are really comfy and look to be very well made, though I've not had a hand down off with them yet so can't say for sure how they'll handle rough and tumble.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    So I guess I am not like the OP in that I am one of the majority who get decent service from Evans Cycles. I am guessing as I do not know how many individual sales Evans cycles have a year and how many complaints that results in.

One thing I will always remember from my retail days, if a person has a bad experience they'll tell 10 people about it. If a person has a good experience, they'll usually only tell one person

Just for balance, this is my local Evans https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... d461f74b,1