Curry Tuesday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,367
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
More silly questions from customers today, but not quite as bad as yesterday. It's very windy today and I'm out for a beer and curry later (hopefully fully expensed) so it will be even windier tomorrow.
Hope you're all having fun, I know Piña loves a Tuesday.

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,048
    Pft, I have a feeling the mrs will have me on salad tonight, the words "holiday" and "tubby" were used this morning :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Pft, I have a feeling the mrs will have me on salad tonight, the words "holiday" and "tubby" were used this morning :(
    That not a bad thing necessarily it depends on context though. Is she Scottish?
    "When we go on holiday we can eat lots of ice cream from a wee tubby"
    Sounds good to me. The prospect of salad is not so good, so I guess that wasn't the context.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,732
    Working from home today so managed to get my new smart phone set up and my old number and contacts transferred across. Now on way to get car back from getting the air con sorted. Suppose I'll have to pedal in tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,460
    Not long now till this feckin Tuesday is kicked into touch.
    This weeks Tuesday is now Thursday and vice versa because of baler problems. However, it did not make this Tuesday any better.
    Thursday will officially be hell starting at silly time although the weather will be good (up here) and you lot will get a good soaking (I would drive to work on Thursday V68). Gulag minions performed well today.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    One long meeting and a shoot drive back from Cardiff (past bpw/Merthyr)

Met the family for a late meal and now trying hard not to start working
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,460
    matthew h wrote:

You survived Merthyr Tidfil? Respect.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:

You survived Merthyr Tidfil? Respect.

the car locks the doors once it starts moving, so relatively safe
  • veronese68
    I would drive to work on Thursday V68.
    That's my plan. I also made it sound like I was doing it to be nice to the Mrs for extra brownie points. Had to drive today as I'm off to a neighbours funeral later. Well, former neighbour. Traffic was nasty and the sun is shining so I was jealously watching all the bikes pass.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm out for a beer and curry later (hopefully fully expensed) so it will be even windier tomorrow.

I can confirm it is much much less windy here today so the curry must have been a tame one, or you are facing towards the midlands and so any wind is going in the opposite direction!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm out for a beer and curry later (hopefully fully expensed) so it will be even windier tomorrow.

I can confirm it is much much less windy here today so the curry must have been a tame one, or you are facing towards the midlands and so any wind is going in the opposite direction!
    Indeed, I seem to have cancelled out the wind here as well. Irritating as I'm not on the bike.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,732
    matthew h wrote:

I hope you made the sign of the cross as you passed by the holy downhillers shrine.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

I hope you made the sign of the cross as you passed by the holy downhillers shrine.

obviously