So, I Know That Each And Every One Of You Has Been Deeply...

Akirasho
Akirasho Posts: 1,892
edited May 2015 in The cake stop
... affected by Tom Brady's "Deflategate" allegations and the NFL's rulings... right?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/11/us/nfl-de ... -response/

... will this affect those of you who are Patriots fans?

Comments

• southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Akirasho wrote:
    ... affected by Tom Brady's "Deflategate" allegations and the NFL's rulings... right?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/11/us/nfl-de ... -response/

... will this affect those of you who are Patriots fans?

Guessing that there won't be many people particularly interested in American Football over here.
    For what it's worth, I would imagine that the Patriots are pretty pissed off with not having their first round draft pick...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    What difference does it make? Presumably both teams use the same ball.
    I don't understand the rest of it and I don't care about any of it so have no idea why I'm asking.
    More interestingly, a promoted story at the bottom is asking if this is the worlds most stupid BMW driver. There must be some stiff competition for that.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I just hope that my least favourite roundabout thread kills this...
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Well, as a Seahawks fan, can't say I'm losing any sleep over it. Doubt it affected the outcome of any games last season (or before) - indeed the Colts player that spotted the issue has said as much.
    Good as the Patriots are though, they do have a win at all costs attitude and have been busted before for spying on the oppo in practice, so they do have form and leave a bitter taste with other teams. Does a slightly under pressure ball really matter? Well either way, rules is rules, and you can't flout them whether you are Tom Brady or a non drafted free agent. They'll go 2-2 over their first 4 games (and run the ball a lot more than usual) then normal service will be resumed - they're in a weak division so will be play off bound anyway. The draft picks will be an annoyance, but not the end of the world. Brady was picked 199th overall & even Russell Wilson was a third round pick (75 I think) so it probably won't make a massive difference to anything.

In other news, that roundabout in my in my local park is a death trap.........
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I don't understand the rest of it and I don't care about any of it so have no idea why I'm asking.
    More interestingly, a promoted story at the bottom is asking if this is the worlds most stupid BMW driver. There must be some stiff competition for that.

Apparently the team passes up the ball to the player so they aren't necessarily using the same ball. You would think there's an easy way to resolve that situation!
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Will not affect me as a Dolphins fan. There is on one legendary QB in my opinion.

Dan-Marino-1.jpg
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,385
    Pross wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Apparently the team passes up the ball to the player so they aren't necessarily using the same ball. You would think there's an easy way to resolve that situation!

I think that's right - they have the choice of their own balls when in offence
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Will not affect me as a Dolphins fan. There is on one legendary QB in my opinion.

Dan-Marino-1.jpg

Didnt he hold the ball wrong and lose the superbowl?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver