Garmin Virb

Pufftmw
Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
edited May 2015 in Commuting chat
Seeing as how I already have an Edge 800 and my GoPro has been playing up, thought I'd get a Garmin Virb Basic and give that a go. What swung it was the ability to remotely start the camera from the Edge when you begin capturing your route, which makes it a lot easier from the faff point of view. That and it was only £99

Garmin then do a basic video editor that allows you to match your film with your GPS/HRM/Cadence from the same ride and overlay that on the video.

So my first film https://youtu.be/gdSdksvWzRc which was of me following another rider through New Cross this morning, together with one of the overlays.

You can also "Slave" 2 Virbs together so maybe thinking of getting a rear facing one as well, still controlled by the Edge...

Invaluable tool for SCR :D

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've got Virbs on my bike, one on my hat and the other under the saddle and do the remote control thing off my Edge 800. You can delete parts of the overlay to suit your likes.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Isnt it just more stuff to faff with when heading out?
    Do you view the footage or just use it in case of an accident?
    Do you follow the droidnob on YouTube?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin wrote:
    Isnt it just more stuff to faff with when heading out?
    Do you view the footage or just use it in case of an accident?
    Do you follow the droidnob on YouTube?

Not much more faff, turn on the cameras and computer and put helmet on and hit record on computer holds me up for 15 seconds. Any incidents I note and watch again and decide then if worthy of keeping.
    How dare you say such a scandalous thing :) I've been reading his rantings today with a smile, he's a fool with a camera on his fishing rod ahead of his bike.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.