How do you think the GE will turn out?

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited May 2015 in The cake stop
I think a Tory victory but they will either have a very small over all majority or fall just short of one.

Needless to say I hope I'm wrong and they get thrapesed at the polls.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I'd like that to be true, don't fancy paying 50% tax again an NI on top. I just hope the SNP are not in some sort of controlling position. Its not right for such small parties to have controlling votes and that is essentially what coalitions are. I'd prefer labour outright to that.

It would be nice to see UKIP win a few seats, just for entertainment value.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    I think Tories will edge the share of the vote over Labour but have slightly fewer seats or about equal - think SNP and Labour together will have more seats than Con\Libs so what happens from there no idea - maybe Miliband will lead a broad non-Tory coalition.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    I think a Tory victory but they will either have a very small over all majority or fall just short of one.

Needless to say I hope I'm wrong and they get thrapesed at the polls.

I've never seen that word before? Is it a typo or local dialect?

What I'd like to see is a real carve up of the seats, forcing a coalition and hopefully signally the end of the dominance of the big two parties. I've no time for either the Cons or Labour anymore and the sooner tribalism is chased out of politics in this country the better imo, farking sick of it. Although difficult coalitions would possibly create some short term pain as bugger all gets done.

I suspect we'll get Ed in some sort of cobbled together deal. He says he won't sacrfice anything to get in No. 10 but he will, he's as desperate for power as anyone.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I think Plaid Cymru will wipe the floor...

360-370 seats
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Not like most of us want it to, unless you support one of the regional nationalist parties who are likely to hold the balance of power. I hope for the sake of the country that I am wrong...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    In answer to the question by the OP badly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LPdTXRjIKQ
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    edited May 2015
    Much like Frank stated at the beginning of this thread I also think (and to be honest, fear) a Tory victory based on listening to radio phone ins and the seemingly large number of undecided voters who said that they would vote Tory because of the so-called economic recovery.
  • crispybug2
    letap73 wrote:
    In answer to the question by the OP badly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LPdTXRjIKQ

One of the finest pieces of political satire ever made sadly lost in the middle of Richard Pryor's crappiest film!!
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    This is the only time I will revert to religion and pray for it not to be the Ed, Ed and Alex show.

Whoever gets to form a government I would like them to have a referendum conducted in England, Wales and NI on whether the majority of the Union want Scotland to stay in it. With all the nationalistic fervour whipped up since last autumn and continuing to grow, I think it's time WE had a say in whether WE want to continue providing FREE University, FREE Prescriptions, FREE Eye tests and FREE whatever else Scotland has managed to wangle out of the rest of the taxpayer in England.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    The whole Independence, English vote for English issues etc, could be solved over night. Introduce a state based system, break Scotland in to 3 and devolve power equally to each state within the union. Maybe 20 to 30 states. Stops the dual voting issues and devolves power. It also stops a minority (<2M) holding a majority (>30M) to ransom.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I think Tories will edge the share of the vote over Labour but have slightly fewer seats or about equal - think SNP and Labour together will have more seats than Con\Libs so what happens from there no idea - maybe Miliband will lead a broad non-Tory coalition.

I fear you may be right. Still can't believe that a UK party could countenance going into a coalition with a party that wants to break up the UK. What next, a coalition with Sinn Fein?
  • mr_goo
    Whilst watching the Barca v Bayern game with the father in law last night. He said to me that he cannot believe that millions of people have got such a short memory as to forget the utter 5hit storm of a near bankrupt economy that the 2x Eds left this country with 5 years ago.
    My answer to that is whilst the deficit had to be sorted, the Tories should have sorted out the major corporations and wealthy who evade/avoid tax first and get it sorted. Then address the problem of cutting the social security bill. To do it the other way around will turn a vast majority of the population into Red Eds.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mr_goo
    I just love the Peter Brooks satirical cartoons of Ed Milipede.

And by the way Ed. I am not your friend.

old.jpg

26435566.jpg

30-01-2012_-_19_55__455345b.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    If the exit polls are right then Millipede may not get a chance to bankrupt the country after all.

Fingers crossed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    ^^^ That's only one exit poll. Another has a far tighter race. As I said in another thread, I'm not particularly fussed who wins, as I think this might be a good election to lose.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Every exit poll says something totally different at the moment...the BBC have gone with a particularly extreme one...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • crispybug2
    Lots of rumours that Ed Balls may well lose his seat!
  • ddraver
    Lib Dems lost 2 deposits already. One thing to come out of this might be that none of the smaller parties dare to enter into a coalition...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    PastedGraphic-1.jpg

Right I'm an hour ahead of you boys so I have to go to bed
    - @ddraver
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    ddraver wrote:
    Lib Dems lost 2 deposits already. One thing to come out of this might be that none of the smaller parties dare to enter into a coalition...

The whiff of self advancement will be enough........

As the Lib Dems have found to their cost decisions are easy when you haven't got to make them but once your backside is on the pot you make a decision or get off......

It maybe the old alliance DUP & Tories seems more likely with no adverse fall out as Unionist base comes from hardier stock than the Lib Dems. Its the same story of self interest which has driven the SNP which will be leveraged by the DUP except for a cheaper cost to the Union than dealing with a load of nationalists north of the border.

Lets hope Cameron finds the balls to take on the SNP ensuring they don't leach off the rest of the UK and they have a balanced budget without running a deficit. Here's hoping....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Interesting thing about BBC 's exit poll is from the same team polling the same polling stations as 2010 when they were very accurate when the results were in. Basically they're using the same methodology as last GE in 2010 where they were right. Add to that their poll figures are in line with the 3 results that have.come in. It could be accurate.

If that exit poll is right then what will happen?

Coalition between Tories with liberals/DUP, Tories try it with less than the majority or Labour get a minority coalition that can win a vote on their Queens speech due to some not voting?
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    I would guess rule alone with some kind of deal with DUP if needed, doubt they'll want to offer anything to lib dems if they can avoid it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    ^^^ That's only one exit poll. Another has a far tighter race. As I said in another thread, I'm not particularly fussed who wins, as I think this might be a good election to lose.
    Looks like the exit poll I looked at underestimated how well the Tories have done :)
  • RideOnTime
    :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Looks like the exit poll I looked at underestimated how well the Tories have done :)

Over joyed for Mr Cameron, a great man of political courage and principle, his ideas will bring forward the day when the UK can compete fully on the world stage and together with Mr Osbourne, the Conservatives will ensure unequalled economic growth. for its citizens, a great result for a great party and a Great Britain.

I feel privileged that i backed the winning party.
  • ddraver
    Well I'm very surprised....
    - @ddraver
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Ed Balls OUT! Best news ever.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,214
    Dabber wrote:

But at least he won't have to pay 50% income tax on whatever highly paid consultancy job he decides to take :lol:
  • mamba80 wrote:
    I feel privileged that i backed the winning party.

What an odd thing to say.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • RideOnTime
    Pross wrote:
    Dabber wrote:

But at least he won't have to pay 50% income tax on whatever highly paid consultancy job he decides to take :lol:

He's going to be supporting Mrs Ed or is it Mr Ed.

ed__120921173403.jpg