Our Liberal Candidate

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited May 2015 in The cake stop
keith-miller-stafford.png

This is who we can vote for if we want to vote Liberal Democrat....

What would you do?

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    RideOnTime wrote:
    keith-miller-stafford.png

What would you do?

Sell them a copy of Photoshop?

Bloody awful photograph, it's badly framed so it makes him look dumpy

The older I get, the better I was.

• RideOnTime
    I think they have little to work with here, photo shop or no photo shop.
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    I donate him a brown paper bag.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Call the police! He has to be wanted for something!!

Seriously a bad photo angle looking down on him. Think he got stitched up. No chance of winning I take it a safe Tory or Labour seat so he's just making the numbers up judging by how little they have spent getting him looking right.
  • RideOnTime
    I think they're taking the whet. Serious political issues and they field this guy. This seat is I think is about 40 down the list of marginals there is all to play for. Liberals have never done well but then is that a surprise... :shock: :shock:
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Rule 1 - head at the top of the shot, not eyes in the middle.
    Rule 2 - Photos are 2D use it to your advantage, tilt things that are too small closer and too big further away.

He might be really good, but he wouldn't get my vote, unless I lived in Scotland. Anything to keep Jimmy Krankie out of government.
  • tangled_metal
    diy wrote:
    He might be really good, but he wouldn't get my vote, unless I lived in Scotland. Anything to keep Jimmy Krankie out of government.
    Sturgeon? She does look a little like Krankie i think.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I like the liberals as a party and their policies, but some of my local libdem councillors looked a bit like him. Certainly doesn't inspire confidence!
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • drlodge
    diy wrote:
    BxzW_JJCUAEWSQV.jpg

LOL! Am I right in saying she is the only party leader that no one can vote for tomorrow (as she's an MSP)? So if the SNP did form a coalition government with say the Labour party, and the role of deputy prime minister was offered to the SNP, who would take up the post???
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Alex Salmond
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • drlodge
    Alex Salmond

That really is like putting salt on the wound!
    Find me on Strava
  • tangled_metal
    Never lived in a constituency where libDems had any chance. It has always been a strong Tory area or a labCon marginal where one party gained and held it a few terms before losing it again. Gone are the days of this I think we are in a period of hung parliaments, coalitions and all change each election. No more long spells in power for LabCon bunch.

Salmond was going around his champagne lunches boasting he was the kingmaker in Westminster. I think that was the only thing that could have persuaded him to relinquish his hold on the SNP reins. I think he is a bit like a fat cat living high on the hog in London while he can. 2 years and SNP are either in an independent Scotland or out of favour with most Scots. I think Salmond will be the main reason the latter option happens. i actually think Sturgeon is a smoother operator these days.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I didn't get the "wallace" joke on miliband either, until I saw this:
    1FFAE49200000578-0-image-a-35_1422404294259.jpg
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Genuine question- is the issue that: he looks like a bit of weirdo? That we cant really respect a man with so little respect for himself, i.e. overweight, bad haircut, poor dress sense? Or is it that we cant vote for a party who have no sense of image management in a 'profession' where image is everything?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    2 years and SNP are either in an independent Scotland or out of favour with most Scots. I think Salmond will be the main reason the latter option happens. i actually think Sturgeon is a smoother operator these days.
    In the event of independence it would be guaranteed that the SNP would be quite spectacularly out of favour - once the initial euphoria fades and the reality starts to bite.
    I'll bet they manage to keep on blaming Westminster for most of the next 200 years though.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    RideOnTime wrote:

What would you do?

Does one of my options include liberal use of a cricket bat?
  • RideOnTime
    Paulie W wrote:
    Genuine question- is the issue that: he looks like a bit of weirdo? That we cant really respect a man with so little respect for himself, i.e. overweight, bad haircut, poor dress sense? Or is it that we cant vote for a party who have no sense of image management in a 'profession' where image is everything?

He looks like a wet fart in a snow storm. This man would represent my town, my town, where I live, where my kids were born, where I run my business etc etc. Do I want this man representing my town. No. No, sorry.
  • bianchimoon
    The Liberal guy is a gem compared to one of the local UKippers up here
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk ... er-5640776
    words fail me
    EDIT!! do not read if easily offended!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The Lib Dem candidate for New Forest West was awful, when I saw her respond to questions at a hustings last week. Then so was the Green. The Tory (current MP) was an arrogant tw4t. The Labour was very good, but unfortunately was Labour. The Ukip, I remain unsure of.

So in summary. I don't really know who to vote for.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • bianchimoon
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The Lib Dem candidate for New Forest West was awful, when I saw her respond to questions at a hustings last week. Then so was the Green. The Tory (current MP) was an arrogant tw4t. The Labour was very good, but unfortunately was Labour. The Ukip, I remain unsure of.

So in summary. I don't really know who to vote for.
    Nope me neither, there's no 'magic' bullet party, a coalition to keep all things moderate would be my vote
  • RideOnTime
    you can't vote for a coalition and that's a problem this time. I don't want to see a Tory government but a coalition with Lib Dems has worked tolerably well all things considered. I'm sure the right-wing ideology has been kept in check.

I have just voted and I found I just couldn't bring myself to vote for a party I broadly agree with but I candidate I'm not at all keen on. Still voted though. You have to vote.
  • Bobbinogs
    There's a lot to be said for the introduction of a "None of the above" box to stick your mark next to. It would get my vote!
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Lin-Dems, no policies, no principles. The party has a long tradition of saying anything to cling on to power in local government, now we've seen how their behaviour is the same on the national stage. I will be delighted if we see the back of Clegg and Alexander tonight.
  • RideOnTime
    In case you were interested he cam 6th, 6th. OMG
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    RideOnTime wrote:

Excellent! I am delighted to see Danny Alexander, Vice Cable and David Laws humiliated. Shame that Clegg hung on.
  • Bobbinogs
    mm1 wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

Excellent! I am delighted to see Danny Alexander, Vice Cable and David Laws humiliated. Shame that Clegg hung on.

yes, Clegg retaining his seat was probably the most disappointing result of the night. Bit ironic as he has overseen the complete destruction of his party and yet one of the few that keeps his job!
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Best news for me in the New Forest West and for those all along Solent coast and Bournemouth/Poole etc is that Ed Davey as Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change is gone. He was going to be the chap that signed off the giant wind farm of Navitus Bay. Now hopefully an incumbent Tory will see sense and refuse it. He said (famous last words).
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.