Story of the National Hill Climb Championship

peejay78
peejay78 Posts: 3,378
edited May 2015 in Amateur race
A Corinthian Endeavour: The Story of the National Hill Climb Championship

I have a book coming out on June 10. It’s called “A Corinthian Endeavour: The Story of the National Hill Climb Championship”. It’s published by Mousehold Press. There is a talk and preview at Roll for the Soul in Bristol on June 10. You can find out a bit more here:

https://www.facebook.com/acorinthianendeavour.

As cycling books go, it’s a little bit literary and reflective. It focuses on people, places and the esoteric nature of the Hill Climb championship. I have been lucky enough to interview Vic Clark, Eric Wilson, Peter Graham, Daryl Webster, Graham Sydney, Jim Henderson, Lynn Hamel, Chris Boardman, Tejvan Pettinger and Gareth Armitage, amongst others.

If you like Tim Krabbe, Kuklos, Roger Deakin, Nick Hand and Philip Larkin, then with any luck you’ll like this. If you don’t know these people, then you’ll hopefully like it anyway. If you like obsession and the madness of riding really fast, then it should do the trick. And if you like reading about strange people doing strange things in strange places, then you’re also in luck.

“You are so beyond the limit, way beyond your ordinary experience. It’s torture physically, but you get some kind of joy from it, and you look back and think, ‘I really lived in those three minutes. I don’t quite know what went on, but I was on the edge and experiencing something different’.”

11062117_834635216603733_7648845595812099095_n.jpg?oh=30400ef9235609e4fc02e0ed690c1ef6&oe=55D86DCB

Comments

• Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Looking forward to this!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Sounds good. Just hard copy or digital as well?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris