E bikes and Strava

13»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Of course if you'd managed a KOM already you would already know that.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    you just don't have the right Strava groupies! :lol:

funnily enough I overheard people talking about one of their mates using an e-bike on strava in the afan carpark yesterday. firstly if i heard right the bloke didn't actually get KOM over the entire up and downhill lap that he did, so a battery doesn't compensate for skill, secondly apparently someone flagged him very quickly (I guess he did go unrealistically fast uphill)
  • jj1048
    jj1048 Posts: 107
    Ferrals wrote:
    you just don't have the right Strava groupies! :lol:

funnily enough I overheard people talking about one of their mates using an e-bike on strava in the afan carpark yesterday. firstly if i heard right the bloke didn't actually get KOM over the entire up and downhill lap that he did, so a battery doesn't compensate for skill, secondly apparently someone flagged him very quickly (I guess he did go unrealistically fast uphill)

That was me! He wasn't a mate - he overtook me riding the Cafall trail at Cwmcarn, I'd guess he was in his 50s. He called his ride "An electrifying ride" and the comments were a mixture of "Well done" and "Fraud!".

Edit: Just found his ride using the flyby tool - http://www.strava.com/activities/248155632
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    :lol: classic, the walls have ears! :lol:

funnily enough, his average speed was (if my maths was right :oops: ) 11.4mph or ~18kmh which isn't an unreasonable average speed for a non-powered bike! at least he made it pretty blatant in his title!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    He only got the KOM on "Cwmcarn Forest Drive Climb" by 7 seconds, and Dylan Kerfoot-Robson is only 18, quite impressive!