Login problems

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Daz555 wrote:
    No longer able to login to the site from Android phones - tried Chrome, stock browser and Firefox. All the same. Happens on more that one device also.

Click logon, it returns you to the homepage and then nothing - no pop up. Nowt.

Current phone for detail:

LG G3
    Android 5.0
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Chrome v42.0.2272.96
    Same here. Can't log in on my iphone. There is no log in option on the drop down menu and if i click on forums and select log in, it just takes me back to the home page. The forum is missing my valuable input :)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mmm just tried to log in on the iPhone. Can get the login page after getting rid of loads of adverts. But it did not like my password and now wants me to fill in a captcha that does not exist.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Just tried again and managed to get to the log on page but it just hung. And this was with diverts to all sorts of crap adverts or apps. I think after the second divert I would have given up. If I had not been trying to see if something worked. Really poor experience.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Yep have to admit that I rarely use my iPhone to log in but did yesterday, what a PITA, first of all an advert stopped me getting to the login box, then the login box failed to log me in taking me back to the Site home page, then had to finally resort to using the "Helmet" which I thought was going to stop, only took 5 mins but was a Pain!

C'mon lads why can't we just have a simple login with no adverts blocking the way, it really isn't a big ask!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Have to agree with the above couple of posts. My phone should stay logged in, but sometimes it logs me out and it's an utter pain in the proverbial to log back in again. I thought it was just because I'm on an old iphone 4S and don't have the latest OS.
  • Escher303
    Escher303 Posts: 342
    Same here, I've never been able to login on my Android phone (Chrome, Kit Kat, Moto G), just takes me back to the home screen, and definitely does not log me in. Any response? Said in February that you had login fixes but now it's May and no dev responses for quite a while. What's happening?
  • dee4life2005
    dee4life2005 Posts: 773
    Any progress ?
    I've just tried for the 6th time to post a reply to this thread ... keeps asking me to log in, which I do ... then it repeats every time I submit the post ... grrrr.

I've only managed to post on the forum about a dozen times this year, despite trying to on over 200 occasions. Very frustrating.

Given these problems were reported about 6 months ago, I'm very surprised a solution hasn't been forthcoming by now. I've you're using load balanced web servers for hosting the site, have you checked to see if the load balancer is configured for sticky sessions ... because if not, then it'll will have the effect of logging you out if you suddenly hit a different machine in the server pool.

- hopefully this will post this time -
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Any progress ?
    I've just tried for the 6th time to post a reply to this thread ... keeps asking me to log in, which I do ... then it repeats every time I submit the post ... grrrr.

I've only managed to post on the forum about a dozen times this year, despite trying to on over 200 occasions. Very frustrating.

Given these problems were reported about 6 months ago, I'm very surprised a solution hasn't been forthcoming by now. I've you're using load balanced web servers for hosting the site, have you checked to see if the load balancer is configured for sticky sessions ... because if not, then it'll will have the effect of logging you out if you suddenly hit a different machine in the server pool.

- hopefully this will post this time -

Sorry it's taken so long but we're hopefully sorting this soon.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Sorry it's taken so long but we're hopefully sorting this soon.
    It's sorted and logging in should be a bit easier now.

Let us know if you are having problems
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I can login on my iPhone!!! :D Well done chaps
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Hy thanks for the information.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Post moved to create a new topic.
  • Thank you for all reply
  • rumbataz
    rumbataz Posts: 796
    Unable to log in on my Mac - OS X running El Capitan and using Firefox 43.0.4 browser. Worked fine before the upgrade.
  • rumbataz
    But strangely, it knows who I am when I post this!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Not able to log in but......
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • lostboysaint
    edited January 2016
    Ha, it knows who I am as well!!

Which in theory is great but if you use the "unread" or similar sort functions to search the forum to see what you're missing as it's posted it's not great - as there's no functions available 'cos you're not logged in!
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • rumbataz wrote:
    Unable to log in on my Mac - OS X running El Capitan and using Firefox 43.0.4 browser. Worked fine before the upgrade.

Me too
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I can't login running Windows 10 either on my pc. Although it appears though I'm logged in - I can't get to my mailbox.
  • rumbataz
    So here's a new data point: I cleared cookies (and everything else) in my Firefox web browser. I then reloaded the Bikeradar forums and I could login (although it did tell that I had exceeded the maximum number of logins so I had to use a Captcha code as well).

I've now logged in and I have a 'Logout' button available. Before I only had a login button which wasn't functioning.

Also, the really useful 'View My Posts' link is missing from the top of the page.

I guess the login issues are down to old cookies.
  • I cleared board cookies and it let me get logged in after a couple of goes.
  • lostboysaint
    I now appear to have automatically logged in!
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • I can log in now but when I go to View active topics I get no replies, views and last post info, the columns are just missing . . . iPhone 6 Plus, latest iOS version
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • am I logged in or not???

edit:- thats a yes even though it doesn't show it at the top of the screen
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Same issue here... iPad using chrome, Firefox and safari. Clearly I am logged in now using Firefox but the "view my posts" option isn't available and that's what I wanted.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • rumbataz
    The 'View Your Posts' is now in your Control Panel. However, it doesn't show the threads that have been updated. The old 'View Your Posts' feature showed updated threads.

It was really convenient as the link available on the main index page.

Is it possible to get this feature back?
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Unable to load an avatar.

Click on the down arrow for Avatar type, but no option appears, just a thin blue line.

Chrome on a chromebook.
    Half man, Half bike
  • HI CHRIS
    I'm having problems logging in aswell I'm using a generated password as mine wouldn't work but I cant find the profile page to change to a password I want to use

I have sorted this now cheers anyway
  • how about posting on the welcome section. I am computer literate and cannot find anywhere to post a message lol
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Constantly being asked to provide my log-in credentials on my iPad (Safari IOS 10.3.1) even though I click the "remember me" box. Not having the issue on any other site. Not having the issue on my iPhone (mobile version of the site).

ETA - seems to be when I run a "search query" like the "New posts" link.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH