Btwin Rockrider 340 or Drag Hacker "with mod" Help

multimedias
multimedias Posts: 4
edited May 2015 in MTB buying advice
Which of the following do you think I should choose- B'TWIN Rockrider 340 (offered by decathlon) http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-340-mountain-bike-black-id_8302231.html ~127.90£ from local decathlon
or
the Drag hacker offered by the local bike shop (it is modified and it comes with additional extras- frontal air cusion, just like the Rockrider)
http://www.dragbicycles.com/?menu=product&id=277#specification ~109.90£
The difference is that the Rockrider has single-walled rims and the Drag hacker has double-walled rims.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For what useage?

Neither is a 'mountain bike' as we would currently use the term, the Hacker has a heavier steel frame but the forks are quite possible lighter than the forks on the RR which are frankly nasty and horrid things, so for on road and light duty gravel tracks I'd probably take the Hacker of those two, and if you are using on road only I'd get some lighter slick tyres which will make it much nicer on road.

Not sure what you mean by frontal air cushion, the front forks on the RR use a coil spring not an air spring, and I'd prefer the original hacker forks to cheap and nasty suspension ones which will also upset the geometry by being longer than the original forks.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I need a bike that would easily go about 20-30 kilometers a day for about 3-4 times a week. Mainly between cities and through rough terrains.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends on your definition of 'rough terrains'.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mountain trails
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Which could be anything from hard packed gravel which is little different to rough Tarmac to something much much rougher. Neither is really that good a bike, you ideally need to stretch your budget to the Rockrider 500 series.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.