Thursday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,249
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
Kept the thread title brief and to the point so as not to confuse anyone.
Quite sunny out this morning, but a bit fresh. I've worked out the best way to prolong the life of a bottom bracket. Get a really nasty cough that lingers for weeks so you can't ride your phucking bike. :twisted:
I went out for a curry last night, I was very good and only had 1 beer as I was feeling sh!t. I'm suffering a mild case of ring of fire this morning, I'm scared to cough in case I have an accident. Don't worry I'll keep you all updated on any developments in that department. Went to the curry shop opposite Sigma Sport so I had a little drool at their window whilst locking a 60 year old clunker up to their railings. They'd have been horrified if they'd seen it.
Not much else to report from here. Have fun folks.

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Two bottles of red wine on a wednesday!

And feeling quite good this morning!!

Mind you, after a blast on the bike the first glass goes down faster than a strava KOM attempt.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Selle Italia C2 gel flo super wotsit thingy with vanox rails arrived. Must go and test it out. Hope it is as good as the only comfy saddle in the world; the 1st generation model which got snapped when hitting a pothole in the dark at silly speed chasing the 365 West End Circular bus out of a junction.
    Went the next day to retrieve a light bracket that came off along with the computer and drinking bottle (thankfully not me) and those boys from the black sticky stuff were filling it in.
    WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE DONE THAT THE DAY BEFORE, THE B4STARDS?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Fixed 8 bikes last night, stayed up to early Thursday morning. Thursday is a weird day, almost feels like a Friday but not quite. Will get out on the bike tonight for 30 miles or so then 4 more bikes to sort it before Saturday morning. Nice and sunny over here in Belfast but only around 9 degrees atm.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning of malpractice hearings humming taylor swift yo myself (hopefully in my head and not out loud).
    Failed miserably at putting my corsa Cx tires on my new wheels. Taking it to the shop to make them graft as they sort out the BB bearings for me later.

Testing a 1 series bmw later. apart from becoming a target for haters, anything from the mechanics?

V68 they drooled over your vintage bike mate!
    HD 2 bottles for yourself or did you pretend to share?
    Have a good day everyone and Pina I hope your arse feelings suitable comfortable
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    sa0u823e wrote:
    V68 they drooled over your vintage bike mate!
    You think?
    BSA.jpg
  • Flâneur
    Yeah it is different and they can have fun with it kitting it with campag EPS
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    sa0u823e wrote:
    HD 2 bottles for yourself or did you pretend to share?

All to my self as Mrs HD had dinner with the daughter as she was on her own for the night.

It means I get to control the remote and the wine!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    @HD. You couldn't cycle 9k with a cough like I had.

Happy to report that the saddle is good. Legs are shyte.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Evening Gimboids,

Not a bad today, waved off one of my treasury guys into retirement and then went out for steak n chips. I'm pedalling in tomorrow so this could be a bit like hard work. WTF, its nearly the weekend and I'm going to do the back sarnie run for the office tomorrow. Office hotties had better appreciate my generosity :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Gimboids,

Not a bad today, waved off one of my treasury guys into retirement and then went out for steak n chips. I'm pedalling in tomorrow so this could be a bit like hard work. WTF, its nearly the weekend and I'm going to do the back sarnie run for the office tomorrow. Office hotties had better appreciate my generosity :)

You're paying?! You'll get fired on account of the fact that profligacy is not in the scheme of your position.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Gimboids,

You're paying?! You'll get fired on account of the fact that profligacy is not in the scheme of your position.

What is a back sarnie?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Gimboids,

I'm only one quarter Scottish.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pr
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Gimboids,

What is a back sarnie?
    Edictive text clearly wasn't designed by a crudder as it doesn't recognise bacon...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pr
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Gimboids,

What is a back sarnie?
    Edictive text clearly wasn't designed by a crudder as it doesn't recognise bacon...

It's a major food group too
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Waved TDV off at the airport this morning - she's now away for two weeks. I get sent away the morning of the day she arrives back on the evening flight, so eons of peace and quiet coming up. Needless to say she was not best pleased at these timings.

Bikes are now gathering dust due to non use - looks like next Tuesday will be the next time one of them may roll a wheel in anger.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    TDV?! Gid you get the old one back? Was it a px deal?

...and where tf aveyoobeen? (apart from winding poor innocent people up in Road general)
  • Flâneur
    He has gone back to trying to be a crudder!

Did she think you had set it up on purpose Matt?

Stevo they will appreciate it like football fans appreciate Hazard, they will enjoy the sandwich but nothin else around it.

New wheels on the bike and a nice spin this evening. Pub lunch tomorrow to see off a leaving member of staff. Any excuse. return a new jersey because of a small imperfection then hopefully the pub for the night!
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle

...and where tf aveyoobeen? (apart from winding poor innocent people up in Road general)

Yup - old one is here and she still detests me so no change there. I must admit that I now love Fran Scott from the Dick 'n' Dom science programme (busy morning, eh ....). I love her. She will be mine forever.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Fran+ ... B573%3B262

Been kicking around but its all a bit hectic (was away) - road general is a very easy place to pop in, add "constructive" comments, pop smoke and cut away again. Unlike you lot where I actually need to think about what I type before I post (I know that you'll spot any fallibility in any of my arguments at a moment's notice then shoot me down in a flaming petard) that lot are too busy being members of clubs and doing serious bits to notice.

Did I mention that I love Fran Scott, or TDF as she will now be known.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

Yup - old one is here and she still detests me so no change there. I must admit that I now love Fran Scott from the Dick 'n' Dom science programme (busy morning, eh ....). I love her. She will be mine forever.

Been kicking around but its all a bit hectic (was away) - road general is a very easy place to pop in, add "constructive" comments, pop smoke and cut away again. Unlike you lot where I actually need to think about what I type before I post (I know that you'll spot any fallibility in any of my arguments at a moment's notice then shoot me down in a flaming petard) that lot are too busy being members of clubs and doing serious bits to notice.

TDV, TDF and Nina all fit the same description. Don't you hanker for a Blonde or Red Head now and again?
  • Matthewfalle

TDV, TDF and Nina all fit the same description. Don't you hanker for a Blonde or Red Head now and again?

Jo Guest used to hit the nail on the head quite nicely but then she got that weird bloating disease and ended up looking like Jo Brand which isn't really my cup of tea to tell the truth.

I once went out with a red head about 20 years ago. She was mental. Chicken Oriental. Sort of put me off for life to tell the truth.

TDF. Now she's lovely. Utter loveliness. I think I may have a thing for neuroscientists.

Oh - Bernadette from The Big Bang Theory. When TDF and I split up I'm going to marry her. I love her as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

Oooh - Gillian Anderson. She'll do if TDF and TDB aren't available/hate me as much as TDV does.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
  • Matthewfalle

Blimey - now that's a good find. Very well done that man. Is she a neurologist? Problem is, will she get all arty farty on you and expect to go to noncy wine evenings with actorrrrrs who will then look down their nose at you and she'll get all angry when you get squiffy and giggly and start mocking them?

She is nice though. If TDB rejects me then I'll marry her.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

Blimey - now that's a good find. Very well done that man. Is she a neurologist? Problem is, will she get all arty farty on you and expect to go to noncy wine evenings with actorrrrrs who will then look down their nose at you and she'll get all angry when you get squiffy and giggly and start mocking them?

She is nice though. If TDB rejects me then I'll marry her.

Icelandic.

Anyone who thinks Gillian Anderson is better looking than Heida Reed is well...

Not a smowflakes chance in hell of her sitting on my face so I think I might start stalking her.