Point and shoot camera

Myster101
Myster101 Posts: 856
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
Wanting a cheap point and shoot camera that I can throw in my pack when out biking. Doesn't need to be anything fancy as I have a Canon 550d for better pics. Just needs to be small, light and takes decent pics outdoors.

Was looking at the Canon IXUS 150, anybody into cameras that can point me in the right direction?

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I get good results from my phone.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Myster101
    Yea my phone cameras not bad but wanting a bit more.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I'd be tempted to get something like the Fuji Finepix XP70. Not sure how good the photos from it are though.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Myster101
    Cheers mate, will take a look.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    We have had a few point and shoot digitals in the family and I have found the Fuji to be pretty good, don't get Samsung as the sports mode (I presume you'll be taking some moving shots) is pants on our one.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Sony WX350. Excellent camera, great optical zoom, good shooting in iffy light (so most riding conditions then!).
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris