The Tuesday delivers sh1t again thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited April 2015 in The bottom bracket
Went all so smoothly until this morning at 2.50am. The doorbell rang. Due to the double glazing, high winds and my soporific state, I couldn't hear the guy waving his arms about outside and mouthing stuff. I didn't understand the fuss until I saw my van. Nothing untoward except that it was parked 40 yards up the hill the last time I saw it and now it was right in front of the drive! Despite having a Scottish accent, the waving arms bloke's grasp of the English language wasn't very good. The van had crept down the hill (in a straight line) and was resting up against a speed bump.
I asked if he was ok. I asked if he had hit it. He said I must have left the handbrake off and I don't normally park there! I suggested that if I had, it would be parked in the front of that house over there. Still not quite sure as to why he was upset, it didn't hit anything and then it clicked. He could not get passed. Instead of parking up and walking the long long 30 yds to his house, he decided to have a rant at me.

"I'm sorry mate but I can't get passed due to the other car on the opposite side of the road" would have done but as I say...English was obviously not his best subject. I am going to get some signage on the van saying "if you see this van moving of it's own accord, please phone Spooks and Poltergeists on 0800 6666669."

I always leave it in gear but must have forgotten. Time to adjust the handbrake. Got up, went to work and got diddley squat out of the baler. Pulled out the multi meter and here I am sat doing sweet FA, not being able to do anything but on the plus side, I got a new unit for the control box for £20 incl. VAT and p+p.

Might just have another coffee and a giggle to myself.

Must take the diminished and loosing weight rapidly cat to the vet this afternoon. Another bloody bill.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    35 miles pre breakfast ride, tightening the nut on the food, picked up a bag of crisp and then put them back again. WTF is that all about!!

Got into the office late, catching up and working through and the intention was to nip home and cook up some pasta and bacon lardons, mushroom and onions for a light lunch. twas not to be and settled for a pot of spicy chicken pasta from the corner shop....

Well back to it .......
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I did 50 pre-work, but did have a bowl of cereal first. An hour of pacelines and an hour of chaingangs does need some kind of fuel! Legs still a bit stiff tbh.

Scottish dancing this evening. Hope I don't humiliate myself!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    In true Cruddie tradition I'm posting on this thread becuase Pinno started it first. Although Sa0 alphabet soup may not be on here for a bit if he's looking at the footy score.

Work annoyed me today. The bike needs new everything, so much they couldn't do it all today down at the LBS so it's back in on Friday to get ship shape. The wallet will take a beating in a few days...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I missed the Pina thread. too many words for my simple taste.

but I agree he does deserve to have all the posts,

Isn't Scottish dancing just humiliating even if good at it (unless you are a child)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I missed the Pina thread

I can't legislate for stupidity.
    sa0u823e wrote:
    too many words for my simple taste.

I thought that it would have amused you?!
    sa0u823e wrote:
    but I agree he does deserve to have all the posts

Of course I should, it goes without saying.
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Isn't Scottish dancing just humiliating even if good at it (unless you are a child)

Read 'The poor mouth' by Flann O'Brien. Sometimes dancing it lethal. It depends on how brave you are.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!