Bike Park Wales - uplift pass on the day?

dot1
dot1 Posts: 538
edited May 2015 in Routes
Hi all,

Going BPW again next month, and suprise suprise the uplift is booked up. I have ridden there a few times, twice on the uplift and once under my own steam. Does anyone know if I can I buy a day pass for £30 when I turn up and get as many runs as I can in, or is my only uplift option the Day Card for 5 runs? When I've been before I'm sure I've seen people with day passes that haven't been pre-booked jump on once the pre-booked riders are on. Or are all of these riders using a day card/pay as you go?

I went a couple of weeks ago and the amount of vans waiting to pick people up was crazy, so don't think I will have any issues getting on a bus.

I emailed BPW but they replied with a useless "Hi, please look at the website. Kind regards."

I've looked on the site and can't work out if the Day Pass is pre-book only or if you can buy them on the day and jump on once the pre-booked riders are on.

Any help would be useful! Thanks!
Trek Remedy 7 2009
viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012

Comments

• peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Took me 25/30mins to cycle up, but i'm better going up than down truth be told....

I rode through the lunch hour (when the uplifts take a break) and broke it down into halves. All routes intersect a fire road about halfway down, so I would do the top halves, cycle back up for 15mins, then do another etc. same with the bottom half.

That can be quite effective if you don't fancy the big slogs.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I've not ridden that i'm afraid.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    oxoman wrote:
    Peat how does it compare with say 3 mile hill at Llandegla.

Just as boring! At least the trails are worth the climb,unlike Llandegla :(
    If riding up I would just ride the top half of the hill or you won't get more than five or six runs (if you're fit). The climb is quite a drag.
    You can't get a day pass on the day. You can pay per run, I wouldn't bother on a sunny weekend as you will spend all day in the que. Priority is always given to riders with pre booked day passes.