Liege-Bastogne-Liege *Spoiler*

123457»

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    the Inner Ring @inrng
    Julian Alaphilippe broke a wheel in a crash and had to chase over La Redoute to get back to the peloton

Impressive. The tactical situation in the latter stages didn't help aggressive riders. Astana always had one, sometimes two, rider(s) up the road. Katusha had one too. If you managed to escape the group, you'd get no help from the advance anchors.

But last 5km was 3 Katusha vs Valverde. Are they Etix in disguise?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Macaloon wrote:

Bit harsh! Moreno had a go and made them chase, but Valverde got it just right. And numbers at the end of such a hard day don't mean much if they're all knackered.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

Bit harsh! Moreno had a go and made them chase, but Valverde got it just right. And numbers at the end of such a hard day don't mean much if they're all knackered.

True dat. EQS had the experimental free-jazz trio of Stybar, Kwiatkowski and Alaphillipe.

Also, Dan Martin crashes more than Froome.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • But does he crash more than G?
  • It appears that both of Dan Martin's crashes this last week were not of his making, so it was just a case of bad luck. He was towards the front of the peloton when he got taken out in La Fleche. Right place, wrong time.

DD.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Love this series of photos:
    164620_IMG_4226.jpg
    164621_IMG_4231.jpg
    164622_PIC532516393crop.jpg
    164623_PIC532517389.jpg
    164623_PIC532518381.jpg
    164623_PIC532520932.jpg
    164625_PIC532523969.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Great photos.

I always feel rather disappointed when Valverde wins. I always want someone else to pip him at the post. Can't for the life of me think why. :)
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.