Need a route from Frodsham to LLangollen

ned35
ned35 Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Tour & expedition
Hi All,

I'm planning on doing a trip from Warrington to Llangollen. I have a route in mind from Warrington to Frodsham/Helsby(A56), and from the other side of Chester to Llangollen, via Llandegla, but can anyone give me some ideas of quiet roads around Chester. All the routes I've come across have me using some busy A roads through or around the edge of Chester.

Any advice covering this area, or the whole route would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    I went to Llllllllllllllllangollen once on a stag do. whilst hte countryside around it is quite pretty, the locals were a strange bunce. on balance I'd not bother if I were you. :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    ned35 - welcome to the forum. Sorry about the 'comedian'. I can't help you myself but hopefully someone will give you a useful answer.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Hi, I just looked at the ride on one of the links from the Birmingham to London thread and it gives what appears to be a reasonable off the main road route through to Llangollen. Good luck!

http://cycle.travel/map
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • ned35
    ned35 Posts: 3
    @ Bo Duke. Thanks for that, looks like a cracking link, it's given me a few ideas!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    My logic, depending on why you want to go to Degla would involve a detour south towards Holt or you just dash through Chester, which isn't too bad but the lights may annoy you. I've drafted something up here, but without an idea of the mileage you are after etc

https://www.strava.com/routes/2236635
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy