Question about Hudz 105 hood replacements

nilla
nilla Posts: 13
edited May 2015 in Road general
I have a question that i am hoping someone out there on the forum can answer.

I came across these Hudz brand brake hood replacements and thought of changing mine. This would be purely for aesthetic purposes, though the product listing claims improved shock absorption and ergonomics.

The concern i have is with the following text: "COMPATIBILITY: For use with Shimano 105-5700 (5703) brake/shifter series. Not compatible with any previous versions of 105 series levers."

I currently have a 2010 Specialized Roubaix that i purchased used off of Craig's List. The shifters are 105 and listed as 'Shimano 105 STI, flight deck compatible'. This leaves me with the question whether the Hudz hood replacements are compatible or not. I tried to visually compare the image from the item listing with the hoods currently on my bike but its inconclusive. If anyone can help whether these are compatible or not it would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I have read the forum in the past but never registered (a lurker) so this is my first post. I apologize in advance for any inadvertent breach of protocol i may have made in the process. :oops:

Comments

• trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    The shifters you have are 105 5600. The previous model of groupset. So won't be compatible as the shape is different.

The Hudz for Ultegra 6600 are also compatible with 105 5600
    http://odigrips.com/store/road/hudz-shi ... rake-hoods

''COMPATIBILITY: For use with 10-speed Shimano Ultegra 6600, Ultegra SL, 105 series-5600, and R700 systems including 6600, 6601 and 6603 STI levers. Not compatible with 8- or 9-speed STI levers''

If you want to know what flight deck is, its do with attaching a Shimano computer to your shifters to tell you which gear you are in. But it never caught on and nobody uses it.
  • nilla
    Thank you very much Trailflow for the info! I ordered them. I'll post a picture up after i receive them and get them installed.
  • nilla
    Okay. I said i would post a pic after i got the Hudz and got them installed so here it is. Thanks again Trailflow!

Ride%201.jpg

Ride%202.jpg
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Bike looks good and they match the bar tape well. Nicely coordinated,too many bland bikes around these days. 8)