Greg Henderson just accused Fabio Aru of doping on Twitter!

Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    ThomThom wrote:
    As posted ealier from the Secret Pro. It's talk of the peloton, not just him.

He tried to delete it so he also doesn't get sued. Bad luck for him its screenshotted and retweeted everywhere.

These guys really are pretty thick aren't they.

Says the guy who routinely implies riders he doesn't like are "suspicious" with zero evidence
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    ThomThom wrote:

This has got to be one of the weakest examples of 'evidence of doping' I have seen.

Especially since it's not a piece about evidence of doping...
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    edited April 2015
    . .
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Shaking in his boots.

Cyclingnews spoke to Henderson with the Lotto Soudal rider adding that, “It was just me jumping to conclusions and I can’t do that. It’s ridiculous. It does the sport no good and I’ll speak to his manager and apologise. The information came from sources and it got me angry at the time. It was an angry and unsubstantiated Tweet, that’s exactly what it was.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/aru-con ... f-cheating
    Contador is the Greatest
  • If Aru does get popped, does that leave Greg H in the clear, as regards the question of defamation?

In one of the news articles I read this morning, an Astana team spokesman said that "as far as he was aware", Aru had not been served with notice of any biological passport anomalies. The fact that he didn't come out and say that Aru absolutely hadn't been served with that notice is, at the very least, interesting.

Will Aru categorically deny any knowledge of a pending biological passport case against him? He can't if he has, in fact, received a notice of investigation, I would imagine.

Can and will the Biological Passport Investigation people also reveal whether Aru is under investigation? (Probably not, I guess, especially if they are in the very early stages of launching an investigation against Aru)

DD.
  • frenchfighter
    Aru came out and said he was completely smoked from the illness. So if he didn't have an illness and was out of racing due to the bio passport then he is outright lying.

Interesting that when Kittel was oddly out due to a massive illness no one tried to call him out as a doper. I guess it is because he is German.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    you re being weird again today...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,195
    New Zealand / Ozzie racism, courtesy of Flight of the Conchords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_rXxi0zhM
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Back on topic : Aru had a lawyer on that case now and the internet is telling me that is proof of his guilt as Armstrong used lawyers.

What is the internet approved response for this bad boy?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    iainf72 wrote:
    Back on topic : Aru had a lawyer on that case now and the internet is telling me that is proof of his guilt as Armstrong used lawyers.

It was confusing for a while there, no one knew who to hate the most.
    Seems Nibali is now the focus of the mob.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,195
    iainf72 wrote:

Fess up.

Even if he didn't do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • talius
    talius Posts: 282
    iainf72 wrote:

Forceful denial, sudden embarrassing confession, followed by a period of contrition, then a sex tape and a funny/cute picture of a cat.
    Merckx EMX 5
    Ribble 7005 Audax / Campag Centaur

RIP - Scott Speedster S10
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    iainf72 wrote:

It's a bit of a pickle. The kid has been convicted on the hastily withdrawn say-so of a sanctimonious gobshite. Even if there's a passport case in the pipeline this makes a mockery of due process. We could do with hearing more from Hendo about his sources and the reaction of the authorities when he reported his concerns.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    I don't recall Henderson being very vocal when a couple of his teammates were rumoured to be doping.

Funny that.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    andyp wrote:
    I don't recall Henderson being very vocal when a couple of his teammates were rumoured to be doping.

Funny that.
    Maybe because he knew they weren't doping. Or at least didn't think they were.

It seems you want him to vocalise you own opinions rather than his.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,168
    I think he is just venting out what many people out there think anyway...

Of course in the age of social media and defamation, finger pointing without proof is no longer tolerated...
    left the forum March 2023
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    i expect that this legal threat against henderson won't be mentioned again and will be followed in the coming weeks / months by the announcement of a case. i know he's a bit of a nob but i reckon he knew full well when posting that there'd be no case on the back of it.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,168
    gsk82 wrote:
    i expect that this legal threat against henderson won't be mentioned again and will be followed in the coming weeks / months by the announcement of a case. i know he's a bit of a doorknob but i reckon he knew full well when posting that there'd be no case on the back of it.

Since the old days, cycling has been a sport where everybody knew what others were doing, or at least thought so. Everybody knew about Armstrong, for instance, but they were all at it or involved in a team where somebody was at it, so nobody could speak... If Henderson said what he said, I suspect he must know things that in the peloton are known
    left the forum March 2023
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    i've got a feeling this is correct. UCI might know of the passport query so didn't press Astana's expulsion, knowing they would bring it on themselves.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    gsk82 wrote:
    i expect that this legal threat against henderson won't be mentioned again and will be followed in the coming weeks / months by the announcement of a case. i know he's a bit of a doorknob but i reckon he knew full well when posting that there'd be no case on the back of it.

Since the old days, cycling has been a sport where everybody knew what others were doing, or at least thought so. Everybody knew about Armstrong, for instance, but they were all at it or involved in a team where somebody was at it, so nobody could speak... If Henderson said what he said, I suspect he must know things that in the peloton are known

This is perfect.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    time will tell...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    Assuming Aru has a biopassport case, do none of you think it is wrong that a. Greg somehow knows of this and that b. he refers to it?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Assuming Aru has a biopassport case, do none of you think it is wrong that a. Greg somehow knows of this and that b. he refers to it?

its gossip isn't it... could be a gazillion reasons why this is doing the rounds stretching from totally bu11sh1t to someone in the know let it slip.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    Well maybe, none of them really acceptable.

Greg has done his damage by sullying Aru's image publicly which will have ramifications for Aru's career.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

It's poor he mentioned it, but if there is one I'd not be surprised if other riders knew about it.

Small community, some people would need to know and it'll get out.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    The most likely scenario is that Aru is at the 'letter' stage.
    In these circumstances then it's wrong for Henderson to speak out as Aru is entitled to be treated fairly under the process.

However the flip side of this is that doping only stops if it becomes unacceptable to the rest of the peloton.
    That needs a voice.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439

it is. its very unprofessional of him, bus as has been discussed he's a bit of a nob
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    I'm annoyed tbh. (within the context of this, which, compared to actual annoyances, is fairly small....)

I'm fairly meh about doping, but even I like the illusion of of clean racing. No-one likes cheating if you can see it.

When the guys get busted afterwards at least I had the illusion it was all OK when i was watching it. When I find out later on I don't care too much usually, because I've already had my fun with that race. Sure if there's a monumental performance I'll want to google I'd rather it be clean, but you know what I mean.

Now I have the worst of both worlds. Aru will still be racing, but I'll sit there thinking he's cheating.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    RichN95 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Funny that.
    Maybe because he knew they weren't doping. Or at least didn't think they were.

It seems you want him to vocalise you own opinions rather than his.

My point was that he's happy to pass on gossip about someone in another team, doesn't say a thing when rumours are circulating about riders on his team.
  • frenchfighter
    Random fact of the day: 'iain4for twitter' gives just 1 result of google
    Contador is the Greatest