2015 BMC Teammachine SLR03

sanspoof
sanspoof Posts: 111
edited April 2015 in Your road bikes
Hello,

So finally pulled the trigger and got myself the new SLR03 from BMC... 60cm frame

It really is quite lovely to ride. I changed the stock wheels for Shimano rs81-c24...I use the RS-10 rear for turbo and keep the front as a spare.

The weight is just about 8kg with pedals etc...easily scope to get that lower with some upgrades ( chainset prob first to change )....not right now though...

Now the photos are not great, I will post some better ones when I get the chance, maybe some with a view
or something :-)

I just got excited.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggxsv3hhy0xglbc/front.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7rbheufy11y1we/side.JPG

Comments

• cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    nice looking bike, congratulations

your fireplace looks good too
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Agreed on all fronts

Pretty poor photos, nice bike and fireplace!

I think BMC do a really good job with their larger frames. Something about the geometry is very pleasing to me. Just out of interest how tall are you?

Have fun on the bike!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    Looks like a nice machine- I'm a fan of the teammachines and hope to get one late this year or next.
    Hope for some better pics but otherwise enjoy! 8)
  • sanspoof
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Agreed on all fronts

Pretty poor photos, nice bike and fireplace!

I think BMC do a really good job with their larger frames. Something about the geometry is very pleasing to me. Just out of interest how tall are you?

Have fun on the bike!

Thanks very much! I will hopefully get some better pics very soon...

I am 6ft 3, long legs and short torso, Initially i was looking at a Canyon, Cannondale or this....the Canyon I didnt want to buy without sitting on, I didnt seem to fit any size cannondale, BMC felt great...the rest is history...
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    I had a similar dilemma

I'm just under 6'4 and found myself going back and fourth between BMC and spesh. Like you i didn't want to buy without trying so didn't fancy canyon even though they look lovely, and I have a cannondale so... I went spesh in the end but I can see why BMC is so appealing :)
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • sanspoof
    Hello,

So I thought I would just post a better photo of the bike...

I've not really changed anything so far ( apart from wheels ), I was tempted to change the brakes to the new 105 but the non series ones work just fine with swiss stop pads...the only major change was the saddle, I have a flat fabric scoop on there...

Elite bottle cages, SRAM garmin mount, moon comet rear light with a moon light on the front ( which I would both recommend )...

I really like the 130mm stem, you can get really low in the drops, I might see what i feel like with a spacer taken out....but as is, I love it...

bmc.jpg
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice machine...
  • sanspoof
    Thanks!

it certainly isn't the lightest bike out there, I reckon with pedals and everything, including the saddle bag it is 8.6kg.....but it is really stiff and any effort that goes in, comes out...