Pig Friday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited April 2015 in The bottom bracket
Not that i've had such product. Protein shake as I drop the child off at school was what I managed, didn't even get my tea as she has decided to drink it from my travel mug on the way.

Coaching some of my club that riding out of your comfort zone is good training. Hard work mind keeping them in that sweet spot of effort without breaking them. One of the girls is taking QOM after QOM, I'm considering a gender change.

How is everyone? Sunny here and rain later I am told. Busy day of work with appeals board but off to Liverpool after work for dinner with a beautiful lady so who cares.

Bad news, more scans for the ankle and probably surgery to have a look as the swelling is still huge and the pain constant and gets worse during the mobility stuff making the physio overly worried.

Enough waffle from me, enjoy your bacon and brown sauce bagels and the weekend!
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Nice and sunny thank god because I'm sat at the side of the road waiting for my mate to pick up a new chain as I've snapped mine.

Manc33 was right* about his quick links...

*right about what, I'm not sure.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Good start to the day here, up early, nice ride in, got quite a bit of work out of the way already so shouldn't have to stay too late. And its Friday, the final few bits arrived for the bike build i'm half way through so should finish that this weekend.

In fairness, Manc33 was hedging his bets, he said some quick links were too tight and so wouldn't come apart, some were too loose and came apart too easily. Not sure he ever said they would snap though so I'm comfortable that he was not correct and the universe is still fine!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    no riding or pig based food here :(

Been working since stupid o'clock, but needs must as pub later with some pals - it will be messy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    If you had a quick link on your chain and the chain failed somewhere else that's caused by the quick link being too loose, if however you have a quick link and the chain broke somewhere other than the quick link that's because the quick link was too tight. I think that's the gist of his theory, even though he'd never had one fail.
    Still driving as I can still hardly breathe, have to phone the quack to see if the Xray results are in after 11. REally hope this gets sorted soon as I want to get on my bike. Supposed to be doing a 200k early June and Stevo's done far more miles than I have.
    Cafe soon so I can make sure I keep my strength up at least. Looking forward to the weekend, lots of beer will almost certainly feature as there is a beer festival within crawling distance of my place and I get older tomorrow.
  • Flâneur
    Oh update on Superstar components. After a week they still haven't responded or acknowledged my email. maybe they do have a baggy short bias. Time for another email and then maybe to find some time to call them.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Good night out last night and still managed to pedal in this morning. What started out as a pretty good day to a turn for the worse when I got a call from my OH to say that we had to cancel the fund raising evening for my kids school because a girl in the year above has committed suicide. Only 14. :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good night out last night and still managed to pedal in this morning. What started out as a pretty good day to a turn for the worse when I got a call from my OH to say that we had to cancel the fund raising evening for my kids school because a girl in the year above has committed suicide. Only 14. :(
    :cry: That's terrible.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Stevo knows just how to cheer us all up.

Where tf is wheelspinner? Been deported back to Engerland for acting civilised in Oz?

Pedalling was good I didn't cough (much). Slightly chilly and I was followed home by a Haar. Quite spooky.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Sorry to put a downer on things but no point pretending I was feeling all happy smiley after that. Feel a bit better now I've had a nap - was absolutely knackered from last nights drinking and pedalling in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    That is a grim day mate, can't blame you for needing to out that.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy