Bath Bristol railway path closure?

whoof
whoof Posts: 756
edited April 2015 in Commuting general
I've heard a rumour that the Bath Bristol railway path will be closed from Bitton towards Bath sometime around June for resurfacing. Does anyone have some information about this?

The current closures; Lawrence Hill, tunnel and the section next to the Avon are easy to get around. I've ridden Bitton to Bath on the A431 but it's not the best of road at commuting time.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Between Bitton and Saltford from 26th May to 19th June.

http://www.bristolcyclingcampaign.org.u ... ath-closed

A431 seems the only alternative, I know a few people who ride from Bath to Bristol daily but I guess the majority of traffic is from the suburbs of Bristol.

I'll be coming back from Bath during the closure in June after watching the Tour Series.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • It's incredible how long these closures are in place for. 48 weeks to widen the path in the tunnel - how hard can it be to surface less than a mile of something that is already hardcore on a railway line base?
  • whoof
    whoof Posts: 756
    redvee wrote:
    Between Bitton and Saltford from 26th May to 19th June.

http://www.bristolcyclingcampaign.org.u ... ath-closed

A431 seems the only alternative, I know a few people who ride from Bath to Bristol daily but I guess the majority of traffic is from the suburbs of Bristol.

I'll be coming back from Bath during the closure in June after watching the Tour Series.

Thanks for the link fortunately I'll be on holiday for some of that period but it doesn't take into consideration the over run that's bound to occur.

Reformedfatty: The work on the tunnel isn't to the path but the tunnel and road above. Still taking far too long though. There was a road closure in Bristol last week end to remove a bridge and there was dismay that it took 2 days. They are removing a bridge above a foot/cycle path next to the Avon in Bath and the closure is 6 months.