FAO V68 - gig alert

Comments

• Saw From The Jam a few years back at the Middlesbrough Town Hall with Buckler and Foxton in the line up. Was still fantastic, and they played Little Boy Soldiers which was incredible. Funnily enough Weller played about a week later, and played a few Jam tracks at the end. I find most of his solo stuff pretty poor to be honest.

Also say The Undertones, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers and The Damned at the Town Hall. The Damned were fantastic with Vanian and Sensible, proper showmen.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TurboTommy wrote:
    I'm taking my dad and missus to see the who in Hyde park at the end of June. Paul wellers in the line up too so it should be pretty awesome, though to be fair I don't know what it's going to be like as a venue. Big and overpriced most likely... Tickets are still available though I think if it's up your street.
    Not a big fan of open air gigs - prefer small venues with lots of spilt beer!

Yeah true

I've been to some epic open air gigs. I'm drinking, but not enough to bore you with too much nastalgia! But on the whole small gigs / venue (?) gigs are the best.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TurboTommy wrote:
    I'm taking my dad and missus to see the who in Hyde park at the end of June. Paul wellers in the line up too so it should be pretty awesome, though to be fair I don't know what it's going to be like as a venue. Big and overpriced most likely... Tickets are still available though I think if it's up your street.

I've never spilt any beer!
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TurboTommy wrote:

I've never spilt any beer!

It's spilling other people's that gets me into trouble!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Also say The Undertones, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers and The Damned at the Town Hall. The Damned were fantastic with Vanian and Sensible, proper showmen.
    Good selection 8)

Nearly forgot The Undertones - just seen they are playing at the Clapham grand a week on Saturday! (Starts plotting a leave out)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Why the hell am I living in a backwards dump like Ashford? It's even worse than Maidstone for music.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Hope to see Walter Trout at Leamington later this year, providing his new liver holds out.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nearly forgot The Undertones - just seen they are playing at the Clapham grand a week on Saturday! (Starts plotting a leave out)
    Oooh, that sounds interesting. See if you can get a pass and I'll do the same.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good selection 8)

Me and my dad went, he saw them the first time round! Next aims are to see PiL and maybe the Pistols. My dad bottled out of seeing the Pistols when he was about 15 at the Middlesbrough Rock Garden when they were touring under Cockney Rabble, which is almost as bad as my mates parents who had tickets for The Who at Leeds (of the live album fame) and didn't bother going. FFS
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bollox! I was just talking to a couple of colleagues and we were all up for it then we realised it's another colleague's wedding that day and we've said we would go. Will it be obvious if 3 of us don't go and are talking about a gig on the Monday morning?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bollox! I was just talking to a couple of colleagues and we were all up for it then we realised it's another colleague's wedding that day and we've said we would go. Will it be obvious if 3 of us don't go and are talking about a gig on the Monday morning?
    Yes...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yes...
    Bugger! That would be a good one.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yes...
    Unless you're all sworn to secrecy. Have not discussed at home yet as I've been out. Reckon you've got a chance of going to the wedding in the day then sneaking off in the evening?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yes...
    Unless you're all sworn to secrecy. Have not discussed at home yet as I've been out. Reckon you've got a chance of going to the wedding in the day then sneaking off in the evening?

Forgiveness/ permission
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unfortunately the otis is an afternoon and evening do so I doubt that's possible. Not going would be a bit of a wanky thing to do and contrary to popular opinion I'm not that much of a tosser. So I've asked the groom if he can reschedule his big day to suit me. Seems like the easiest solution.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unfortunately the otis is an afternoon and evening do so I doubt that's possible. Not going would be a bit of a wanky thing to do and contrary to popular opinion I'm not that much of a tosser. So I've asked the groom if he can reschedule his big day to suit me. Seems like the easiest solution.
    Not a problem - was reminded this morning that we are going round to the brother in laws next Saturday for a 'milestone' birthday. Next time maybe.
  • Stevo_666
    Just got a call from a mate - Public Image Limited on at Hammersmith Odeon Friday 2nd October, £32. Anyone up for it? We're going anyway :)
  • Stevo_666
    Such a bloody shame I can't go to see this this lot:
    The Ramones
    Would have been ace. So I'm listening to them on Youtube instead.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Ramones
    :D Reminded me of this.
    Now also listening to the Ramones.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Ramones
    :D Reminded me of this.
    Now also listening to the Ramones.
    :D Might have to buy a t-shirt now.
  • Stevo_666
    Tribute band alert...triple header at the 100 Club on Oxford Street, Saturday 17th October. Ramones, Pistols and Clash tribute acts, £13.20 8)

https://m.ents24.com/london-events/100-club/uk-ramones/4382745

Any takers?
  • veronese68
    Tribute band alert...triple header at the 100 Club on Oxford Street, Saturday 17th October. Ramones, Pistols and Clash tribute acts, £13.20 8)

Any takers?
    That looks great, unfortunately also looks like the weekend we might be going to Italy.
  • Stevo_666

Any takers?
    That looks great, unfortunately also looks like the weekend we might be going to Italy.
    No worries, just need to check with Seano as he was moaning last time that we left him off the SLF invite. If your Italy thing falls through you can always book separately.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Any takers?
    No worries, just need to check with Seano as he was moaning last time that we left him off the SLF invite. If your Italy thing falls through you can always book separately.
    Thanks for the offer Stevo. Classic bands but not really my era, although I'm sure the crack would be good. If anything from the 80's or 90's pops up I'm in :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Classic bands? Cheeky sod :D
  • veronese68
    Flights to Itaky were £100 return for the 2 of us so I'm going on holiday. I need the break after the last one.
  • Stevo_666
    That's a bargain. There's already four of going for our punk fix - 100 Club should be good, not been for donkey's years.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Flights to Itaky were £100 return for the 2 of us so I'm going on holiday. I need the break after the last one.
    £100 return to Italy! I'm in :D You'll hardly know I'm there I promise and I wouldn't expect you to give up your bed V68, I'll kip on the floor, it's no problem. Ah man, I can't wait! :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Any takers?
    Thanks for the offer Stevo. Classic bands but not really my era, although I'm sure the crack would be good. If anything from the 80's or 90's pops up I'm in :D

Sean a 'New Romantic'? :lol:
    For me, the 80s were the decade when music started its slow lingering death. 90s were pretty dull and as for the outpourings since the millennium, Simon Cowell should be tried for murder. But there again I freely admit to being an 'old fart'. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    You've got no taste Bally. The 80's were brilliant for music and only started to decline in the 90's. Any fool knows that.

Ramones/Clash/Pistols tribute night now booked.

Latest potential gig that I am considering is The Wurzels :D Original line up playing on 20th December at Dingwalls, Camden Lock. £15 plus cider money. Anyone interested?!