St. George's Day Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Yet another beautiful day here; it's a shame it isn't a public holiday as it's promising to be sunny all day. Oh wait, I'm still on holiday :twisted:

Today I was meant to be going to Dalby, however I've decided to give the Cube a bit of TLC as it was creaking and clicking like mad yesterday. I've been getting the miles in though, and my muscles are beginning to feel it now, so a couple days rest is in order.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning all,

Up since 4am to drive to this here london. Now I'm 2 ours early as there was no traffic!! I'm sat drinking a hot chocolate wishing I'd had more sleep

Laters
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning pondlife,
    Feeling rather worse for wear this morning. The pub just up the road from me started their St George's Day beer festival last night so obviously I had to go and sample a few of them, then carried on to the usual Wednesday night boozer for more. Bizarrely I feel slightly below par now, must be because of this bloody cough. Morris dancers at the beer festival this evening so I might have to go back for more but have a load of running around to do first.
    Where in London are you Kev? Don't forget to pay the congestion charge if you've driven right in to central. Hope there were no problems at passport control.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • thekickingmule
    It's the Crud, so why not.
    Happy St. George's Day lads!

7d5c07741800318217d959f65a07acec.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I'm in Moorgate right now, then up to St Pancras. Then I'm over to Liverpool st tonight for a job there tomorrow.

I haven't paid the cc, but I will do later dad ;)

No trouble at passport control this morning, I think they were still asleep :lol:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Last nights fettle came to an abrupt end so today will result in a ride saving trip to the LBS and a few hours in the garage tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Speed awareness course yesterday was death by powerpoint, my arse went to sleep in the first 10 minutes but somehow the rest of me stayed awake. At least it kept me off the roads for 4 hours.

Today will be mostly meetings at my sons school and cakes as it's the tea lady's birthday.

Today was supposed to be a ride home day but that's been scuppered as I'm not coming back here tomorrow.

Tomorrow is multi site meh.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    oodboo wrote:
    Speed awareness course yesterday was death by powerpoint, my ars* went to sleep in the first 10 minutes but somehow the rest of me stayed awake. At least it kept me off the roads for 4 hours.
    When I took that course, I swore that if I was ever caught speeding again, I'll take the fine and points. The BS they spilled that day was ridiculous.

I have fettled. BB is lubed, pedals lubed, wheels checked, brakes checked and boom I feck the chain up. I don't seem to have chain link connectors anywhere, and popped the pin out of the one I broke :roll: Never mind, I've sorted the gears out, but the reason I did all this was to stop the creaking noise. Mission failed.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Work very meh, so pub later
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Happy "St George who wasn't even English" day folks :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    welshkev wrote:
    I'm in Moorgate right now, then up to St Pancras. Then I'm over to Liverpool st tonight for a job there tomorrow.

I haven't paid the cc, but I will do later dad ;)

No trouble at passport control this morning, I think they were still asleep :lol:
    You've passed very close to me Kev. I'm just near Euston Square.

Anyhow, I'm off out for a retirement dinner - one of my lot is finishing up after 35 years with the company :shock: Should be a good freebie but I'll have to remember that I'm pedalling to work tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Happy St Georges day one and all, especially the c**ts (celts obvs!)

Did a quick shop on the way home and now have a chain saw, not ideal living in a flat but will be required at our future residence. Think i'll get it started and see how fast Mrs13 can move!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    CitizenLee wrote:
    Happy "St George who wasn't even English" day folks :D
    *Sigh*
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    That's the Scots for ya
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    matthew h wrote:
    Work very meh, so pub later

Pub was good, really good
  • thekickingmule
    That's the Scots for ya
    I hadn't even noticed he was Scotchish. Of course, their patron saint is much more closely connected with Scotland than Georgey boy is with England ;)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro