That's Cody for you. Bye, by the way

Chunkers1980
Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
edited May 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Re: Help: Boardman HT Comp 650b, Sell Or Keep?

Unread postby Chris » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Cody wrote:
I believe Gay is an illness and a choice. It's an illness and it's partially hereditary. That's without research, just through careful observation of people who I've known to be single, unmarried and have had no contact with girls for a very long time, or at all. But for choice, it's determined by the people we are with and environment. Not a nice habit to try, it can ruin ya whole life.

You've just earned yourself a permanent forum ban. What an unfathomably ignorant, disgusting thing to say.

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I'm surprised it took that long, so much more that could of earring a ban too I'm sure.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Yep, so much more was said that I couldnt fathom!

It was good to have a pet moron for a while, but I'm glad he's gone.
  • katiebob
    katiebob Posts: 208
    Hope the forum door didn't hit him in the arse on the way out!

Oh well, back to lurking! :lol:
  • kirby700
    kirby700 Posts: 458
    just hope Cody-the-great doesn't make an appearance, of course it wouldn't actually be CODY....oh wait a minute
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Katiebob wrote:
    Hope the forum door didn't hit him in the ars* on the way out!

Don't just lurk, that's no fun.
    He was due a ban, but he still won't see the error of his thinking. Or should I say attempts at thinking. Yes, we were rude to him. But if someone said that to me in person they would get a similar response. I'm not keen on small minded bigots.
  • kirby700
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Katiebob wrote:

He was due a ban, but he still won't see the error of his thinking. Or should I say attempts at thinking. Yes, we were rude to him. But if someone said that to me in person they would get a similar response. I'm not keen on small minded bigots.

for me I struggle to understand how people still think like that in this day and age, blooming shocking really...its a all a bit 1950's for me.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • katiebob
    Yup.

It'll be us in the wrong for banning him and not taking on board his way of thinking.

I'll never understand religion...
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 81
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Katiebob wrote:

There were a few comments made which whilst normally I'd think "Not appropriate" (Kev, looking at you!) I couldn't really disagree with either. Such small mindedness has few words which do justice.
  • scoi
    scoi Posts: 103
    kirby700 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Katiebob wrote:

for me I struggle to understand how people still think like that in this day and age, blooming shocking really...its a all a bit 1590's for me.

FTFY
  • katiebob
    scoi wrote:
    kirby700 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Katiebob wrote:

for me I struggle to understand how people still think like that in this day and age, blooming shocking really...its a all a bit 1590's for me.

FTFY

Took me ages to see how you'd fixed it... :oops:
  • welshkev
    Chris wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Katiebob wrote:

There were a few comments made which whilst normally I'd think "Not appropriate" (Kev, looking at you!) I couldn't really disagree with either. Such small mindedness has few words which do justice.

oops!

yeah, I sent velonutter a PM.

whilst it was in MTB general I think we were all pretty restrained, but when it got here his posts became more bizarre, racist, homophobic etc it really pee'd me off. I don't think posting some of them after a few beers and eating chicken meat helped either. :oops:
  • veronese68
    Katiebob wrote:
    scoi wrote:
    kirby700 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Katiebob wrote:

FTFY

Took me ages to see how you'd fixed it... :oops:
    You and me both. :oops:
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    So long and thanks for all the salmon fish meat....
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • katiebob
    welshkev wrote:

oops!

whilst it was in MTB general I think we were all pretty restrained, but when it got here his posts became more bizarre, racist, homophobic etc it really pee'd me off. I don't think posting some of them after a few beers and eating chicken meat helped either. :oops:

Chicken Bird :roll: Have you learnt NOTHING?!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Interesting how being a bigot is so 1590s, shocking, intolerable etc, but banning people for saying stuff you don't like to hear is very right-on, modern, tolerant etc.
  • welshkev
    bompington wrote:
    Interesting how being a bigot is so 1590s, shocking, intolerable etc, but banning people for saying stuff you don't like to hear is very right-on, modern, tolerant etc.

Has anyone else been banned apart from Cody? The stuff he was saying was downright offensive - I know I was no angel!

He'd have probably got a slap off me if he'd said some of the stuff to me in real life.
  • veronese68
    Eh, banning people isn't being tolerant. Quite the reverse in fact. His bigotry was not tolerated hence the ban.
  • welshkev
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Eh, banning people isn't being tolerant. Quite the reverse in fact. His bigotry was not tolerated hence the ban.

I don't think sarcasm cones across on the Internet that well ;)
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I don't frequent in here often so moved the thread to the mod area as I didn't feel I was acquainted enough with anyone's characters to make a clear decision, but Chris whom I have not known to ban anyone or interject with moderation quite rightly made it clear that that type of homophobic comments will never be tolerated on here.

We all know that the crudcatcher or BB can be a little freer than other areas, but at some time the line has to be drawn, if people see posts like that which they feel is wrong then flag it up using the red exclamation mark button and we'll discuss it privately amongst the admin and mods and keep your report confidential.
  • welshkev
    Katiebob wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

oops!

Chicken Bird :roll: Have you learnt NOTHING?!

Sorry :oops: :wink:
  • veronese68
    welshkev wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I don't think sarcasm cones across on the Internet that well ;)
    Yes, sarcasm font needed to help stupid people like me. Thought that was odd from Bomp.
  • kirby700
    stumbled over him again on ebay, he's finally selling his bike, amazingly wants £550 for it, fingers crossed eh?
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    must resist the urge to ask him lots of stupid questions about it...
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    JBA wrote:
    must resist the urge to ask him lots of stupid questions about it...

Please don't resist
  • kirby700
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Asked if payment could be made in salmon fish.

Fingers crossed.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • veronese68
    Let us know the answer if you get one. I assume it won't be public on the listing.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Cody selling 38" trousers because they are too small for him, now there's a suprise.

Must be all that praying that's made him fat.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I might have to ask if he stole the bike as acidly wasn't Cody the great, but now that seller is selling his bike.
  • welshkev
    Oh! He's put his number on the advert too! That's asking for trouble :twisted:

I've asked him if the bike has ever been ridden on the canal path to Leeds.