Hadleigh

Antm81
Antm81 Posts: 1,406
edited April 2015 in Routes
Anybody ridden Hadleigh lately?

Should be racing there on Wednesday, any pointers etc?

Thanks

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Not ridden it since the NPS in 2013, it was out of action for 2014. Having just reopened I'm not sure what they've actually done to it.

It was quite entertaining in its former guise...
  • Antm81
    The race is part of the 'soft reopening' from what I've heard.

I'm not expecting a great result especially as I'm not riding an XC race bike for a start. Watched a few videos, they don't show a great deal, how were the climbs previously?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Climbs were alright, 3 main ones, one round the back of the course early on with a loose surface. One with a load of switchbacks which was fine, a few pointless rock gardens to break your flow, and a long grass one after the rock garden, which was on grass, but I believe has now been surfaced.

A lot of climbing considering the lack of elevation.
  • Antm81
    well that's the race done, not happy with my fitness, although my bike or its setup were nowhere near ideal.

I agree there's a lot of climbing for the elevation. Surface was also very hard with a loose layer on the top, think the XR4s I was running may not of been the best choice if I wanted to go fast.

I was hitting a few of the 'A' lines so happy that my riding is developing technically now.

Oh and unconfirmed reports (we had to leave before the results were announced) placed our team in second.